Are we done signing/hunting players? If not...who else? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we done signing/hunting players? If not...who else?

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm just curious....can we afford anyone else?

I feel like we've had an awesome off-season for filling needs and providing good depth.

So....are we good to go?

Oh yeah...who's our punter this year? Will anyone replace Royals?

besides signing Gadsen I don't see us signing anyone else unless someone gets hurt. Sign the rookies and get ready for Training Camp

We'll probably sign Gadsden within a few days.

Royals will be our punter again this year, unfortunetly. He just signed an extension on his contract this offseason.

I don't see us going after anyone else, unless maybe a back-up LT but I doubt it.

oh yeah Kevin Stemke the guy we drafted last year and allocated to NFL Europe will compete with Royals during Preseason

Hopefully we're done. Meaning we won't re-sign that loser OG..

I think OG will be a good 3rd down/redzone player for us. lets resign him.

when we signed Griese it was said we are done
Q. You have now upgraded a backup quarterback. With all of the other moves you’ve made this offseason, do you feel as though this was the last piece or do you still need to make more moves to get where you want?

COACH WANNSTEDT: No, I think this was probably the last major need that we had. We could line up tomorrow and play. This was obviously a major position to be filled, obviously, because you just don't find quarterbacks, let alone a quarterback that's lined up before and is smart and has all the intangibles that Brian has. So this was a real important part of us standing back and looking at it from a distance and saying, ‘okay, you know, have we done the right things to give our team a chance to be better.’ And you know, I will just say this: There have been some difficult decisions too. I mean, with all the questions and everything going on out there, but again, I think every decision that has been made, I mean, we're not shying away from anything. We have been as aggressive trying to get as many good football players as we expect to play on the football field. And we're going after this thing and we're going to try and do everything we possibly can to make that happen.
from http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2735

Not sure, but we may need to cut someone to sign OG

I think we are pretty much set on defense. I really do not see any more signings happening there.

As for offense, we will probably re-sign OG, and if willing to play for the veteran minimum, probably Richmond Webb.

Back
Top Bottom