are we going to have the money to sign big FA? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are we going to have the money to sign big FA?

Wallace758

Just one superbowl win just one
Reaction score
I know we have somewhere in between 20 free agents. However, are we going to have the money to sign big free agents? I'd love to get briggs from chicago and a defensive back.

I heard that Miami is in good shape cap wise...I think they said $17 million under the cap for next year....and once we cut Mare and a few others we should be able to sign whoever we want. :D

we'll probably keep signing band-aid players instead of getting players like clements,briggs,etc.

Roman529 said:
I heard that Miami is in good shape cap wise...I think they said $17 million under the cap for next year....and once we cut Mare and a few others we should be able to sign whoever we want. :D

in an article i read, it said about 21.xx miill under the cap. I believe that Mare will be cut, ZT will restructure as he said, booker will be gone, J. James prob will be gone. thats a lot of money we save. get a LG from FA, a few good ones out there, and im all for briggs (but wants to be highest paid LB so doubt it) but i can see A. Thomas coming here. get clements and ill be happy camper.

Miami signed a lot of average players last year b/c it was to set up a good cap space for the future ala this year. we were in horrible shape when saban came here. rem guys, we pursued Arrington HEAVILY so that means we aren't afriad to spend money.

We have a lot of money to work with this year and after a few cuts (Mare and James) we will have even more cap space and hopefully get Briggs from Chicago and Clements from Buffalo.

I hope we keep Mare at a paycut

I hope we are in good cap shape by being 20 million under but we need to sign tons of guys since we have 20 free agents on our own team

I think Mare, Zgonia, Spragen, Kevin Carter, Travis Minor, Jacox, Vickerson, Lehan, and maybe Eddie Jackson will be gone. I think they will keep Booker based on his strong season. I think they will make a vigerous and strong effort to retain Welker, Bell, and David Bowens and probably Holiday also. I think they will go after either Briggs or Cato June aswell as Clemants, adding him and Briggs or June will be a major boost for our defense

clements would be a big big pickup, but i dont see saban paying him. briggs would be awesome. i really hope we draft calvin johnson

dolfanrodney said:
I think Mare, Zgonia, Spragen, Kevin Carter, Travis Minor, Jacox, Vickerson, Lehan, and maybe Eddie Jackson will be gone. I think they will keep Booker based on his strong season. I think they will make a vigerous and strong effort to retain Welker, Bell, and David Bowens and probably Holiday also. I think they will go after either Briggs or Cato June aswell as Clemants, adding him and Briggs or June will be a major boost for our defense

Carter is a tough one. Last year saban said he produces to much and has a lot of strenght to lose which would hurt our team. so its iffy. i guess depends on Roths growth. Vickerson, and Minor wil stay. Minor for ST probably and vickerson is a young guy, a project. booker is a goner. gets 3.5 mill and i believe CC at number 2 can do the same. welker and bell should stay with bowens. holliday i like as well. adding june/briggs/Thomas (scared he is palying just for a big paycheck), and clements would be great.

did you see his tackle this week? body slammed the guy down.

LoneWulF said:
clements would be a big big pickup, but i dont see saban paying him. briggs would be awesome. i really hope we draft calvin johnson
johnson? he is a goner. top 3-4.

What's up with Briggs & Clements. We can't get both. I think we draft a CB and sign A. Thomas. He can play SLB for us. Imagine that front 7. JT and AT on the same team!

I think Booker is a guy we need to keep hopefully he will restructure. I also think we should resign Minor and Carter.

miami234ever said:
What's up with Briggs & Clements. We can't get both. I think we draft a CB and sign A. Thomas. He can play SLB for us. Imagine that front 7. JT and AT on the same team!

why can't we? same way you ugys told me there is no way and it isnt madden to sign 7-8 players this offseason (meaning last one) and we ended up signing what? 11? So plz, keep taht we can't do thsi and that junk to urselves.

Back
Top Bottom