are we going to have the money to sign big FA? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are we going to have the money to sign big FA?

the problem it that a whole bunch of teams are going to have even more cap room then we are ..... i hope we atleast pick up a.thomas and maybe an oline men or 2

I know we have somewhere in between 20 free agents. However, are we going to have the money to sign big free agents? I'd love to get briggs from chicago and a defensive back.

right now we have $17mil of cap space. And that 20 FAs stuff is deceptive as Lemon, Bell, Jones, Vickerson, Eckel and Denney are either RFAs or ERFAs.

Only "real" UFAs that we are even going to sign...are Bowens, Traylor, and Spragan.

None of the names I mentioned will cost more than chump change to re-sign.

By cutting Booker we clear $3mil, Anderson $2mil, Harrington $2mil, and James $2mil... so that's $9mil more of cap space on top of the $17mil.

That's not mentioning restructuring the contracts of Zach, Taylor, Carter, Mare, Wilkinson, or Chambers to clear more space

we probably target UFAs like Clements, Samuels, or Stalworth to see what they want...

probably signing Eric Steinbach and Kevin Curtis...

By cutting Booker we clear $3mil, Anderson $2mil, Harrington $2mil, and James $2mil... so that's $9mil more of cap space on top of the $17mil.

That sounds great and all, but you have to replace those players you cut and it would almost be better to keep them, due to what is available as a FA. I see Booker and Harrington staying. Anderson and James I see going, cause I see Cameron/Meuller signing Dielmann from San Diego as our new LG. As much as I would like to see Mare cut, I just don't see anyone on the FA market that is any better at a cheaper price.

As much as I would like to see Mare cut, I just don't see anyone on the FA market that is any better at a cheaper price.

They should give him a pay cut at least.

They should give him a pay cut at least.

lots of good ones are out there Matt Stover, Josh Brown, Jay Feely, Rian Lindell to name a few but if you want cheap how about Justin Madlock late in the draft, he won't take up of any money really

lots of good ones are out there Matt Stover, Josh Brown, Jay Feely, Rian Lindell to name a few but if you want cheap how about Justin Madlock late in the draft, he won't take up of any money really

I wouldn't mind Stover.

Back
Top Bottom