Are we going to trade for a CB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to trade for a CB?

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have to.

We have to trade for a cornerback.

I don't know who, I don't know how, but I know we have to.

Just ask Coles, Smith, Evans or Galloway.

Just get one and make sure he's fast as hell, that's all I'm saying.

Seriously, this is starting to look like a joke.

daniels looks like ****, howard also, this could get very ugly along with the horrible oline

We won't trade for a CB this year because they are many more holes than just CB. Better to wait till the offseason to make the necessary moves and not give up your future ala the Feeley and Lamar Gordon trades of last year.

CaptainK said:
We won't trade for a CB this year because they are many more holes than just CB. Better to wait till the offseason to make the necessary moves and not give up your future ala the Feeley and Lamar Gordon trades of last year.

great great point! although i would not be agianst trading for winfield from the vikes if the price is right

I think Daniels would be good as a FS, I think Schulters plays that though, could Schulters play SS well, or not. I think Miami should get rid of or trade Madison, and Howard, which would really be great for the salary cap,and then draft a cb, and have Will poole start along side him, Daniels at FS, or maybe as the 3rd cb, and Schulters at SS.

I really do honestly doubt that we will be trading for a cornerback. Not even just this year, I don't think we'll be making anymore trades like two years ago giving up a 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley or giving up a 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon like last year. I know Saban has already drafted Travis Daniels but he stated time and time again, he wants to build this team through the draft which is where I think we will maybe get a LT, QB, CB, possibly C or another Offensive Lineman, possibly a DT or OLB as well. I think we will be looking towards Free Agency or the Draft for another CB, but I DO NOT THINK that we will be trading away any picks to get a CB and if we were to trade, I think that would be the only way we could get a CB.

cltchperf said:
I think Daniels would be good as a FS, I think Schulters plays that though, could Schulters play SS well, or not. I think Miami should get rid of or trade Madison, and Howard, which would really be great for the salary cap,and then draft a cb, and have Will poole start along side him, Daniels at FS, or maybe as the 3rd cb, and Schulters at SS.

Give TRavis Some time , THe guy is a roook for crying out loud

dominizzo said:

hey I didn't say he played like ****, like the other guy. I think he would do better as a FS, regardless. I'm not giving up on him, if he's good at cb, I think he would be better at FS, that's all.

painnotpleasure said:
I really do honestly doubt that we will be trading for a cornerback. Not even just this year, I don't think we'll be making anymore trades like two years ago giving up a 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley or giving up a 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon like last year. I know Saban has already drafted Travis Daniels but he stated time and time again, he wants to build this team through the draft which is where I think we will maybe get a LT, QB, CB, possibly C or another Offensive Lineman, possibly a DT or OLB as well. I think we will be looking towards Free Agency or the Draft for another CB, but I DO NOT THINK that we will be trading away any picks to get a CB and if we were to trade, I think that would be the only way we could get a CB.

so i guess the question is how do we get more picks, were going to need them.

dominizzo said:

Not just a rookie but a fourth round rook as well. Most first round rookie corners usually don't start their first year (Fabian Washington and Marlin Jackson for example). I have no doubt in my mind that Travis Danials will be one of our best corners and one of our defensive cornerstones (ala Vincent, Buckley, Madison, Surtain) in a couple years.

After seeing Daniels the last few games I can see hes going to have a real hard time being a corner in this league. he simply doesnt possess the speed a starting CB needs or the change of direction. I do think he's taylor made for the FS position but until we start using him there he's goimng to continue to struggle.

Madison...i dont know wtf his problem is this year.

Schulters has exceeded expectations actually as he's played pretty well.

Jones I knew couldnt cover but hes nice in run support.

nolefin said:
so i guess the question is how do we get more picks, were going to need them.
True. Well we are A LOT better shape then we were last year in draft picks. We already have four 7th round draft picks for 2006 already. From Chicago (conditional I believe), Green Bay (conditional), New Orleans (conditional), and our own. I know they're just 7th round pick, but they're better than nothing.

I think we really only need 1 CB, and we wont get him till the offseason. We have Will Poole coming back in a few weeks I believe and he was a stud rookie last year. Him and Travis are going to be good for a long time. We might grab 2 CBs, just for a situation like this year and saban likes defense. We won't do anything till the offseason though.

Joneal7 said:
i want shirdonya to get a shot...when will be be healed
I was thinking the same thing cause I expect him to be a solid CB, at the very least a capable slot man. He would have been a day 1 pick with sub 4.35 speed and good change of direction and ball awareness. We'll have to wait til next year though for his ACL to heal up.

Back
Top Bottom