Are we Griese's last suitor? / a New team in Griese sweepstaskes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we Griese's last suitor? / a New team in Griese sweepstaskes

Baz

Ephemeral
Reaction score
Are we Griese's last suitor?

The QB situation is the same as it was the day Bill Parcells was hired to take over the team. Although it has been widely speculated that Parcells would like to bring in a veteran quarterback to challenge incumbent youngsters Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson, no moves have been made toward that end. In fact, the team has shown little to no interest in any of the veteran free agents on the market except for QB Jake Plummer. One player who often has been connected to the team is soon-to-be-former Broncos QB Brian Griese, but sources say that connection might not be as good a fit as some would have it be. The source  close to Griese’s agent, Ralph Cindrich  said the two sides have not had any kind of formal talks and are not likely to start any soon.

I found this from PFW on ESPN. If this is in fact the case, we may be his last suitor.......

Are We Griese's Last Suitor?

I sure as hell hope so.. :bling:

A new team in Griese sweepstakes?

Even though there is a chance QB Brett Favre will continue his career beyond the 2003 season, the Packers want to be prepared should he lean the other way and retire after this season. But with just one pick among the top 93 selections, the Packers will be hard-pressed not to fill another need. "With their situation on the offensive line, I don’t know if they wait until the third round where you are looking at a risk instead of a top prospect," said one NFC scout. "And they could easily draft a linebacker, or even a defensive end depending on what ‘KGB’ (Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila) does. It might not be Philly, but somebody is going to take a run at him before the middle of April. Teams like Arizona and Minnesota are looking for that edge guy, and both have the (cap) room." The Packers have a game plan in place for patching their roster holes and, according to head coach Mike Sherman, things are going as expected. Barring any surprises and figuring the team uses its first-round pick on something other than a quarterback, keep the name of Brian Griese  a West Coast offense quarterback with mixed success in Denver  in mind as June 1 approaches. If the Packers have the cap flexibility, they could offer Griese an incentive-laden deal with the qualifier that he is the starter after Favre leaves.

Also found this on PFW on ESPN........

Why in the heck would he go to GB to become a backup when he could go to Miami-- a place that he knows, loves, and isn't butt-ass cold-- to do the exact same thing with virtually the same exact assurances. While I'm not saying that him going to GB is not going to happen, I don't believe that it's very likely to happen either. Chances are we're more likely to lose out on Griese if either Baltimore or Dallas come calling. If niether one of those teams hand him the starting job, then he'll likely be a 'Fin.

i dont think it will happen because i honestly do not believe Sherman or Wolf would give Griese an assurance that he would be the starter as soon as Favre leaves. That kind of thing just doesn't happen and the whole scenario sounds more like something a fan cooked up rather than something that actually could be in the works.

THE BOTTOM LINE FOR GRIESE...

IF BRIAN GRIESE IS A BACKUP QB..... HE IS GOING TO DO IT AS A BACKUP QB IN MIAMI...

THERE IS NO DOUBT.. ONLY A STARTERS ROLE WILL PREVENT HIM FROM SIGNING WITH THE DOLPHINS...

LOOK FOR THE RAVENS TO GET INVOLVED.... I LIKE OUR CHANCES... DCH

hmmm.. I'm sure Griese would just LOVE to follow yet another Legend... :rolleyes:

He's good, but, I don't think Fiedler is a legend yet.

I see that a lot of other teams did not wait to cover their QB issues. But some teams such as the Ravens and Dallas only have a couple of #2 QB's and are using them as their starters. Dallas will most likely lean to Griese for a starter and I see him jumping on that chance. Not that he'll do any good down here, but ya never know.

Of course, Miami his home for him and I'm pretty sure that if he gets a long term deal with some good stuff in it we might pry him away from other teams. But I'm not holding my breath.

What about Sage? Does he have what it takes to be our #2 maybe? I have no idea on this kid. Someone fess up the details.

Yeah, I don't think Fiedler should

be called a legend yet...after all he still hasn't completely won over the fans...

:lol: :eek: :lol:

I would be nice for Griese o come down here,but will we be able to afford him and Seau,and you know everyone prefers SEAU.

Back
Top Bottom