Are we in a "Kyle Boller" type situation? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we in a "Kyle Boller" type situation?

touborg

Board Linebacker
Reaction score
Personally, I think this is one of the best offseasons we've had for years. We had added a lot of talented players, and for once, we have also added quality coaches.

On offense this year, we have 3 very capable WRs in Chambers, Booker and Boston. We also have a great tight end in R-Mac, and the addition of Brown (and possibly Ricky Williams?) gives us a nice allround setup. O-line was a big ?, but adding Houck, and subsequently not paying very much attention to the area gives me some hope.

Which is where we come back to Feeley. Are we in the same situation that Baltimore are with Boller? I think we are. Feeley is surrounded by a very talented offsence, and If Feeley can't run this O, I think he should be cut or traded.

The difference is Boller has more ability than Feeley but Feeley has many more weapons than Boller.

nyjunc said:
The difference is Boller has more ability than Feeley but Feeley has many more weapons than Boller.

Yea, but my point is they are both surrounded by a good offsense, this should definately be a make or break year for both of them.

Boller has a far superior O-Line whatever miracles Houck works but i agree in the sense that both are now surrounded by talent at skill positions and need to step it up

Both Boller and Feeley will have great pressure on them this year, since both has great weapons on offence. This has to be their year if not, then a new Qb should come into town.

PhinDude88 said:
Both Boller and Feeley will have great pressure on them this year, since both has great weapons on offence. This has to be their year if not, thena new Qb should come into town.

I agree, I think it's possible that neither finishes the season as their team's starying QB.

I'd love to have a 'Kyle Boller' type situation.

He is a good young QB that now has the talent around him to succeed and he is much better than AJ.

Both will be under pressure... that is the only similarity... that and they were both coached by Tedford.

touborg said:
Personally, I think this is one of the best offseasons we've had for years. We had added a lot of talented players, and for once, we have also added quality coaches.

On offense this year, we have 3 very capable WRs in Chambers, Booker and Boston. We also have a great tight end in R-Mac, and the addition of Brown (and possibly Ricky Williams?) gives us a nice allround setup. O-line was a big ?, but adding Houck, and subsequently not paying very much attention to the area gives me some hope.

Which is where we come back to Feeley. Are we in the same situation that Baltimore are with Boller? I think we are. Feeley is surrounded by a very talented offsence, and If Feeley can't run this O, I think he should be cut or traded.

Ya, but can you name the receivers that boller has had to throw to the last two years. he would of been having a woody if he had Chambers and Booker to go along with Todd Heap. Taylor the "I got it, oops, I dropped it". Devard Darling, who was thrust into action because of their lack of recievers. His only good target the last two seasons was Todd. Our receiving crop is top notch. Thats not a fair comparison.

Now that Boller had Mark Clayton added, lets compare the two this season. Because if Boller blossoms, you know we could of had Boller, right? That was the second selection we gave up for Ricky, along with Charles Grant. That is who was selected with both the Ricky first rounders.

Lets compare Feeley and Boller this year......

LithoMan said:
Now that Boller had Mark Clayton added, lets compare the two this season. Because if Boller blossoms, you know we could of had Boller, right? That was the second selection we gave up for Ricky, along with Charles Grant. That is who was selected with both the Ricky first rounders.

Lets compare Feeley and Boller this year......

I'm sorry if it wasn't clear in my inital post, but my comparision is based soley on this year. My argument was that this should be a make or break season for both of them.

nyjunc said:
exactly, Feeley has alot more weapons than Boller, and better weapons at that, i dont want to count on Mr. pothead b/c he dosent even know if hes commin or goin. But we do have two awsome rookies at RB in Ronnie and Kay-Jay, they havent proven anything yet but they do have alot of upside and i know its still early bot IMO those two could be better than Jamal Lewis. And at WR we are way better than Bal. and especially now that Boston signed. now our only ? is the o-line. So if Feeley cant produce in this O forget about getting cut he shouldn't be playing football period.

touborg said:

I generally agree, but I think Joey Harrington's situation in Detriot may be a closer example to Feely, as far a supporting cast goes...

I have no doubt, that Ronnie will be a good 1000 yard all purpose yards back. So, if Feeley cant win the game, its not on Ronnie or the OL. Its all on him. I like Ronnie, I just didnt like him best or second best. He was my third best. But, he will perform....

Boller is NOT better than Feeley. He was just hyped more coming out of college. I watch this guy almost every week living in Prime Baltimore area. He is terrible. If it wasn't for the defense and line play, rushing with Lewis. He would have been run out of the league by now. Everyone seems to believe he has the potential to become a great QB ... In my opinion.. he is another bust waiting to happen. He has a cannon for an arm but can't make a wise decision if it fell in his lap.

I would compare Feeley to Eli Manning, rather then Boller. Why? Limited amount of time in the offense plus limited offensive options at RB, WR, and TE.

Boller has far more supporting talent, it's make or break for the Kyle-ster.

Back
Top Bottom