Are we in talks with Logan Ryan? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we in talks with Logan Ryan?

He was one of my top FA targets. I still wanted ya to make the move after signing Byron Jones I felt he would give us the top 3 corner combo in the NFL. After drafting a nickel corner round 1 I’m not really interested. If we feel he’s an upgrade over Bobby McCain and can play FS and Nickel and can also keep him from signing with the NYJ then great I get it. But I think there is more pressing needs on this team
My exact feelings

You make it sound like agents don’t lie. SMH
So no link or sound bite. I’ll say it again, he’s asking for to much. So far 3 teams are balking at his price tag which is above 10mil.

where’d you hear his agent said this? Source!
I posted a portion of it from the Miami Herald.
ARMANDO SALGUERO
Miami Dolphins’ interest in CB Logan Ryan says multiple things about team in 2020. All good.

Of course the Dolphins have the NFL’s most expensive cornerback tandem in Xavien Howard and Byron Jones. Of course the Dolphins utilized a first-round draft pick on Auburn’s Noah Igbinoghene, also a cornerback. And, of course the Dolphins have shown interest in free agent cornerback Logan Ryan.

Every one of those things is true.

And let me tell you which one of those is a bad idea:

Yeah, that blank space up there is the answer. None of those things are a bad idea, per se.

The Dolphins understand, as coach Brian Flores pointed out after the draft last month, “you can never have enough cornerbacks.”

And the idea the Dolphins have two starters to man the outside spots in Howard and Jones and a first-round pick to compete in the slot position should not eliminate Ryan from consideration.

This is what would and could eliminate Ryan from consideration: Money.

As in Ryan wants a lot of it. Too much, actually.

When the Dolphins called Ryan’s agents to ask what his asking price is, the answer was borderline over the top. More than $10 million per season.

No thanks.

At 10 mil a year Logan Ryan is totally worth it and I hope he sign him today.

I posted a portion of it from the Miami Herald.
ARMANDO SALGUERO
Miami Dolphins’ interest in CB Logan Ryan says multiple things about team in 2020. All good.

Of course the Dolphins have the NFL’s most expensive cornerback tandem in Xavien Howard and Byron Jones. Of course the Dolphins utilized a first-round draft pick on Auburn’s Noah Igbinoghene, also a cornerback. And, of course the Dolphins have shown interest in free agent cornerback Logan Ryan.

Every one of those things is true.

And let me tell you which one of those is a bad idea:

Yeah, that blank space up there is the answer. None of those things are a bad idea, per se.

The Dolphins understand, as coach Brian Flores pointed out after the draft last month, “you can never have enough cornerbacks.”

And the idea the Dolphins have two starters to man the outside spots in Howard and Jones and a first-round pick to compete in the slot position should not eliminate Ryan from consideration.

This is what would and could eliminate Ryan from consideration: Money.

As in Ryan wants a lot of it. Too much, actually.

When the Dolphins called Ryan’s agents to ask what his asking price is, the answer was borderline over the top. More than $10 million per season.

No thanks.
If you can turn Howard into a first round pick and sign Ryan to an 8-9 mil/year would you do it? I think I would.

I'm not sure Flores is a huge Howard fan, just an opinion there though.

If you can turn Howard into a first round pick and sign Ryan to an 8-9 mil/year would you do it? I think I would.

I'm not sure Flores is a huge Howard fan, just an opinion there though.
I think I would, even if it was a 2nd

If he is still floating around after camp starts ..... we ‘may’ be interested, but doubt before then ... to be able to see what we have in house ....

At 10 mil a year Logan Ryan is totally worth it and I hope he sign him today.

Seems like a lot for your 3rd corner, especially when you also just spent a 1st round pick on a guy to be your 3rd corner. either investing a 1st round pick for your 4th corner seems high or spending $10 million for your 4th corner is high.

Well holy ****, looks like the seahawks and Giants will be looking at Logan Ryan, Can't believe how dumb these players are that they actually qualified to go to college.
They threw away 10's of millions and their freedom for 70 thousand worth of jewelery..

On the plus side if we are trying to move Howard this is the time to pull that trade off.. I'd bet the seahawks would jump

I dont look at it as 1st corner second corner debating that. I look at it as collecting talent. Versatile talent. That way the best out of the 1 and 2 gets that then the next best talent can play safety or compete for backup in an interchanging type defense. I like this approach. This helps when injuries occur and in multiple packages that could be utilized with the talent. That is unstoppable. You wouldnt be able to throw on this type of secondary Flores is building. If the dline is even close to better than last year, our defense would be top 5.

I dont look at it as 1st corner second corner debating that. I look at it as collecting talent. Versatile talent. That way the best out of the 1 and 2 gets that then the next best talent can play safety or compete for backup in an interchanging type defense. I like this approach. This helps when injuries occur and in multiple packages that could be utilized with the talent. That is unstoppable. You wouldnt be able to throw on this type of secondary Flores is building. If the dline is even close to better than last year, our defense would be top 5.

While it's good to stockpile talent, especiallly young talent, at some point you have to stop. For example if they did sign Ryan and you no have a 1st round 2020 pick and big $$$ invested in Ryan , McCain, Howard and Joones in the secondary would you also sign another db to a $10 million deal later this summer if they became available just because it's always good to add talent? At some point spend that much money on one unit is going to impact the amount you can spend on the other units and have a negative effect on your roster.

So no link or sound bite. I’ll say it again, he’s asking for to much. So far 3 teams are balking at his price tag which is above 10mil.
I heard the soundbite while listening to sports talk. Perhaps I mis-heard it but I thought he said while he felt he deserved to make at least what he did last year, he was willing to negotiate and was disappointed the Titans didn't seem interested. I actually think he will get close to that $10 million if he waits it out and assuming there's a season. He's waited this long. $10 million would put him around top 15 paid in the league. I don't know that Miami would come in close to that. Perhaps term could be a negotiating point too.

Logan Ryan DB, Unsigned Free Agent

The Miami Herald reports free agent CB Logan Ryan wanted more than $10 million per season from the Dolphins.

It's unclear if the Dolphins maintain interest, but it is looking pretty certain that no one is interested in the 29-year-old at that price point. Ryan seems to be getting closer to a deal with the Jets but insisted on Thursday that he was "open for business." Ryan made big plays from the slot for the Titans last season but struggled on the whole. Brian Poole mans the middle of the field for Gang Green.

Related:

Source: Miami Herald

May 14, 2020, 9:15 PM

Back
Top Bottom