Who is better our secondary or the Eagles:

strong safety Blaine Bishop
free safety Brian Dawkins
cornerbacks Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor

vs.

strong safety Arturo Freeman
free safety Brock Marion
cornerbacks Sam and Pat

objectively, I have to give it the Philly because of the 2 Pro Bowl Ss and 1 Pro Bowl CB

What do you think ?

I'll take Madison and Surtain over Taylor and Vincent any day of the week!!

Vincent is still awesome, but Bobby Taylor is just overrated and underachieving.

Plus, who's Philly's #3 CB?? William Hampton or Al Harris?? Who's that?? Nobody back there can touch JAMAR FLETCHER.

Can't argue with Blaine Bishop and Brian Dawkins. That's got to be the best pair of safeties in the league.

But again, I must defend our guys. The fact is that Philly puts their DBs in position to make plays. Especially the safeties. They are very aggressive.

We aren't. We neuter our DBs.

BTW - Philly's #3 RB is "HE HATE ME". lol.

Really depends on how Freeman/Fletcher play this year. It also depends on whether Madison gets his act together and puts together a better performance this year also. Madison had an 'average' year last year.

I guess was meant starting 4 only

You gotta love the safety tandem that Philly now has in Dawkins and Bishop. But our Phins conerback tandem is better than the Eagles. I will say its about even. Then if we go to nickle backs, I would say Fletcher will be better than Mr. Al "Pass Interference" Harris. I know a lot about the Eagles since I live only 20 mins. from the teams facility, I watch quite a bit of their games (as long as the Fins are not playing the same time as the Eagles :D ) with my friends, which most of them are Philly fans. Then of course I watch my Fins game. I haven't missed a Fins game in seven years (thank God for NFL Sunday Ticket).

FinaticalOne

good analysis - 3rd CB is the tie-breaker :D

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
It also depends on whether Madison gets his act together and puts together a better performance this year also. Madison had an 'average' year last year.

I disagree. IMO, Madison had a very strong year in 2001. Much better than his 2000 performance.

Sam's one bad game this year came against Laveraneous Coles. Other than that, he had a strong season blanketing WRs.

Now if only we'd go back to the JJ days and put our CBs back on an island a little more often.

Philly has an awesome TEAM DEFENSE, but the secondary honors would have to go to the Phins because of the corner play. The only player in the Eagle secondary I would want to add to the Phins secondary would be Dawkins. Im sure Philly fans would love to have either 3 of our current starters. Im still not sold on this Freeman kid. J. Fletch hasnt really come into his own yet either, realisticly! Very similiar styles of play, but Miami hands down!

Wish we still had Vincent. Can you imagine him and Madisom at the corners...........Surtain at nickle and Fletcher at dime.........,.WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :p

Or maybe leave Surtain at corner and put Vincent at nickle, either way we`d be tough to pass against. :D

All I know is that Surtain seemed to have a better year this year than he did last year and Madison just did not play up to par. Vincent is starting his slide, injuries are going to start sidelining him. But we were the smart ones that drafted him. Was sad to see him go. He was about the best defensive player we had back then. Him and Cox. Is it just me or was any other player back then that you would have been a fin for life like Byran Cox??? Oh well I guess JJ ran him off.

Originally posted by phins054
Is it just me or was any other player back then that you would have been a fin for life like Byran Cox??? Oh well I guess JJ ran him off.
I suppose you are not including D, but certainly
Webb, Vincent and to a lesser degree Marco Coleman.

Wouldn't mind having Marco Coleman starting opposite JT :D

And how about adding Norman Hand along the line?

I was speaking strictly on the Defensive side...Nobody shines as bright as Dan. Our O was pretty solid back then with Fryar and Ingram (4 tds vs Jets in 1 game...) Byars and Higgs ( we wasn't a 1000 yd rusher, but he wasn't bad either) and a solid O line anchored by Webb. I also remember a pretty solid TE name of Keith Jackson. Wasn't our nickname Philly south back then?!?

Back
Top Bottom