Are we really Missing Mike Nolan??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we really Missing Mike Nolan???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I agree that Nolan is a good DC, his blitz scheme is very complex and the Dolphins Defense was Top 10 during his tenure in Miami......

Negative -

Inability to cover the TE - I can understand we struggled a whole season with this, but Come on'..
How come he was still not able to figure out a scheme to cover the TE since we got burned by them so much this year...

The New England Game 1 - Brady was able to break several records in that game and I don't remember their punter was active for that game... No excuses because off the lockout and Nolan will have to take the blame + we see them twice a year.

Choke Artist (Denver, Giants, Cowboys game) - We had big leads against these teams and we found a way to give the game away. What Nolan was doing in the first 3 quarters, he wasn't doing it in the 4th quarter..

Questions, comments, concerns - Feel free to drill me....

No I dont think so. It is rumored that Bowles took over playcalling duties after game 5 or 6 I believe. So losing Nolan isnt the end of the world like some people think, as long as we retain Bowles I guess. It really seems that Bowles is trusted and respected by the players. If we can keep him as DC it will really help the continuity on our D.

We will only be missing Nolan is we lose Bowles too. We are fine without Nolan, but if we lose Bowles too, we might be in trouble.

Mike Nolan is a good DC but he wasn't worth keeping Tony Sparano over, IMO.

Good God I hope not.
What has Bowles done with our secondary?

What people do with a certain part of a team doesn't dictate how well he'll be a DC or HC.

People really need to educated on certain things before they open up and say something.

Good God I hope not.
What has Bowles done with our secondary?
I thought he did a pretty good job when we had Will Allen and Goodman starting along with Renaldo Hill. Last year without Will Allen, who brings some much needed toughness to the secondary, we didn't do so well and this year we started off awful but got better as the season went on. Getting better is what you're looking for out of your players I would think...that's what the coach is suppose to do right? Coach up the players and get them to play better?

I think we will be fine, the rumor was the Bowles took over the defense this year anyways. I could see us trying to keep him as the DC for either Philbin or McCoy.

Choke Artist (Denver, Giants, Cowboys game) - We had big leads against these teams and we found a way to give the game away. What Nolan was doing in the first 3 quarters, he wasn't doing it in the 4th quarter..

Questions, comments, concerns - Feel free to drill me....

Don't forget about the Browns game. I liked Nolan but this is one of the reason I won't miss him too much. Great coordinator but man when the 4th quarter came around, the defense just lacked that clutch factor to seal the game. Defense just seemed to go into conservative mode.

Back
Top Bottom