Are we really that bad? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we really that bad?

DuderinoN703

We? What the **** we?
Club Member
Reaction score
It looks that we're not that good of a team anymore, right? According to Cowherd, Mortenson, every other god damm person in the media.

They'll blame our lack of QB, "old" defense, offensive line, no offense. Okay.

Some folks here are saying that we're going to stink for a few years, even worse then we already have the last couple of seasons.

My question is, are we really that bad? Or is this a situation where folks predicted New Orleans would be 5-11 this year and then they realize what idiots they are? Is this a situation where everyone in the media said the Jets would stink yet they were 10-6?

Will people be mistaken next year, or will we actually suck? I'm not used to the Miami Dolphins sucking.

This can't be happening. Can it?

We have a QB - he was injured. There was always a real chance he would not play this season at all, sure we got our hopes up but I for one haven't given up on Culpepper yet.

Our 'old' D was fourth in the league and our league defensive MVP is back next year. There are clearly other problems - you would be deluded to deny it.

Yeah we are not an automatic play-off contender next year but it's fixable and I am not panicked. It makes good press to kick a team like Miami when they're going through a rough patch. Accept it, there are things about the phins that others don't like - the champagne toast is getting a bit old for one.

Kicking the Cards or the Lions would be like kicking a puppy - we're just a better target.

It looks that we're not that good of a team anymore, right? According to Cowherd, Mortenson, every other god damm person in the media.

They'll blame our lack of QB, "old" defense, offensive line, no offense. Okay.

Some folks here are saying that we're going to stink for a few years, even worse then we already have the last couple of seasons.

My question is, are we really that bad? Or is this a situation where folks predicted New Orleans would be 5-11 this year and then they realize what idiots they are? Is this a situation where everyone in the media said the Jets would stink yet they were 10-6?

Will people be mistaken next year, or will we actually suck? I'm not used to
the Miami Dolphins sucking.

This can't be happening. Can it?

Why listen to the same batch of fools who had Miami and Carolina in the superbowl? Neither team made the playoffs. Truth be told, as much as these guys bank on making the world believe the game of football is scientific and more complicated than it appears, it's really simple- score more points than the oppossing team to emerge victorious. On any given Sunday, any team has a shot to emerge victorious. Emerge victorious on more Sundays than not and you've got a shot at the title.

Matched-up against the rest of the division, we're pretty bad right now....

We do have some solid young talent on both sides of the ball to build around, but we need to stop trading away draft picks every year, and wasting years of rebuilding time in the process....

While we're treading water, and wasting draft picks on FA's, teams like the Bills / Jets / and Pats are all moving ahead with the younger talent. They didn't waste their valuable picks every year, they used them to draft young players who are now starting to emerge....

Our formula, for better or worse needs to change. We may be in the gutter for a few seasons, but we can rebuild just like everyone else eventually does. Trying to manufacture championships {like we've been trying to do}, is a waste of time, if you want to build something strong that will last, you have to do it through the draft in my opinion. How many draft picks has this team wasted since Jimmy came in???...Too many is the answer, way too many....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

This Miami team has just as good a chance to be next year's Saints as any! If we had a poor defense AND offense I would say forget it but this defense has proven to be top ten for the entire decade so if they can just keep producing and step up a notch that'll be fine.
Obviously on offense a number of factors need to pan out our way and whoever becomes the head coach needs to do a kick-*** job so basically everyone of the above mentioned analysts are burnt out by our bad season and only know black or white. If we aren't great we suck. The safe choice for them now, is we will do poorly again.
In the long run I almost prefer it and stay under the radar for starting next year.

Ignore all the media idiots. They get everyone all worked up with their expert opinions, which mean nothing. Funny how we go from being a superbowl team to horrible for years to come in a blink of an eye. The truth is, they have no more of a clue than we do what's going to happen next week, let alone next year. Fact is they never admit they were wrong, they just ignore the fact that they blew 75% of the predictions they made from the beginning of the year. But that 10% they got right, they'll howl to the moon on and never let you forget. The true fact is that 75-80% of the teams in the NFL are so close in talent nowdays, that in any given year, a team can go from loser to playoff team in one year. N.O. proved that again this year in the positive direction and Carolina proved it in the opposite. If we were getting blown out of games (like Oak was), I'd be worried. But the fact that we could have won nearly every game we lost says that we're very close from being the next turnaround team. If we can get a decent coach and a few key additions to the roster and start gelling as a team earlier in the year, we can do very well next year. First, we need that coach that will make the slight difference we need to get the players to play the whole game and season. Then get the players we need. Sounds easy, but so many teams pick the wrong people to lead them. I hope we don't make that same mistake again this year !

we are not far off... we were decent QB play away from the playoffs this year i believe... a healthy good QB is the difference of 4 wins for us id think... how many games were we just real close but blew it... as long as we dont blow up the team we will be fine...

our oline as long as we dont totally dismantle it will continue to improve, and hopefully we wont have the bevy of injuries we had this season... a new Ocoordinator and a healthy daunte will turn the offense around no doubt about it...

our defense is still fine, everyone says our secondary sucks but it was a completely new unit of 4 new guys who never played with each other, add in it was most of those players first year in sabans complex *** schemes in the secondary, and the injuries we had all year back there, plus bell not being put in until week 6 or whatever, and our secondary still finished top 5 in passing yards allowed... yes we have to work on getting picks but that'll come with more comfort in the system...

we do need another linebacker, zach is still kicking and crowder is a fine player, but we need to replace spragen and we need some more depth... our dline has age, but we have young guys behind them ready to play... and JT, holliday, and carter are still playing on top of their game...

i dont see the major problems this team has, our biggest problems last year was QB play and offesive consistancy/play calling... and we already have the qb problem settled with a healthy daunte, and we'll have a new Ocoordinator (please!)...

this team is MUCH better just changing those 2 parts alone... add in a high draft pick and some flexibility with the cap... and we are not as bad as people make us out to be...

In this day and age of the NFL, its year to year. You can stink one year and be great the next year with a few good moves. There is always constant change. Miami does better as underdogs anyways. They were hyped coming into this past year and fell on their faces. This coming year, nobody will expect anything from them and they will probably surprise some people.

We're the worst team in the AFC East, and coachless to boot.....

Yeah, we're close alright....:lastyr:

When will the kool-aid drinking stop? This team / roster needs tons of improvement. With the guys we have right now, we're not even half way there. These "next year" dreamers around here just baffle me with their excuses, and I wish they'd come to terms with reality and understand how far away this team actually is.....

We won one lousy division game this year, ONE!!! Now you tell me how "close" we are. It's going to take a lot more than just a good head coach to turn this thing around....

PHINZ RULE!!!

We're not the pittsbrgh Steelers, or the New England Patriots, or the Indianopolis Colts.

So, just like every other team in NFL, we have to deal with the media building us up when we're 'decent' (Much like they did the niners this year) and we have to deal with them kicking us in the teeth when we're down. (Hey, The Panthers are getting it far worse)

When will the kool-aid drinking stop? This team / roster needs tons of improvement. With the guys we have right now, we're not even half way there. These "next year" dreamers around here just baffle me with their excuses, and I wish they'd come to terms with reality and understand how far away this team actually is.....

We won one lousy division game this year, ONE!!! Now you tell me how "close" we are. It's going to take a lot more than just a good head coach to turn this thing around....

PHINZ RULE!!!

so at what position are we that far off? if, as i think, daunte will be our QB lets go through ti...

QB - with a healthy daunte i think we are set at this position, even with cleo at backup...
RB - ronnie is a beast and needs to be used mroe, fine
WR - underachieved greatly this season... but was there a reason for it? why the sudden drop in performance from the previous season? either way its a group a team can still win with...
TE - Randy underachieved too.. but hes still a top 5 AFC TE
OL - improved greatly towards the end of the season... we did have a lot of problems staying healthy at the guard spots all year which hurt... but they are a young gruop and more time together can only help, a key addition at LT or LG is really all we need

DE - older unit but have the young guys to take over... plus JT, vonnie and KC are all still playing at the top of their game... def need to resign bowens...
DT - need help here, traylor is ancient, as is wilkenson... but have some young guys who could help.. but need to aquire another cog for here...
LB - our weakest position, need depth and need another OLB, spragen dont cut it...
DBs - are fine, they are young and played together for the first time last season, and with injuries were a top 5 unit, what more do you want from them? continuity and depth could help but the unit is fine...

what is so far off really?

PHINZ RULE!!!

The NFL is simply not what it used to be. It really doesnt take much to go from worst to first in your division these days. Look at the eagles, saints, ravens, and chargers.

I agree with you that the roster needs improvment, but i definitly said the same damn thing about the eagles roster this year. Sometimes all you really need is a QB whose heart is still beating like Garcia.

And to put it simply, with our defense, we've always gotta chance.

so at what position are we that far off? if, as i think, daunte will be our QB lets go through ti...

QB - with a healthy daunte i think we are set at this position, even with cleo at backup...
RB - ronnie is a beast and needs to be used mroe, fine
WR - underachieved greatly this season... but was there a reason for it? why the sudden drop in performance from the previous season? either way its a group a team can still win with...
TE - Randy underachieved too.. but hes still a top 5 AFC TE
OL - improved greatly towards the end of the season... we did have a lot of problems staying healthy at the guard spots all year which hurt... but they are a young gruop and more time together can only help, a key addition at LT or LG is really all we need

DE - older unit but have the young guys to take over... plus JT, vonnie and KC are all still playing at the top of their game... def need to resign bowens...
DT - need help here, traylor is ancient, as is wilkenson...but have some young guys who could help.. but need to aquire another cog for here...
LB - our weakest position, need depth and need another OLB, spragen dont cut it...
DBs - are fine, they are young and played together for the first time last season, and with injuries were a top 5 unit, what more do you want from them? continuity and depth could help but the unit is fine...

what is so far off really?

Um...Matt Roth is the ONLY player on the entire defensive line that is ready to take over ANY position. None of the DT's are ready. As for Linebackey, It'd be better to keep spragan and look else where then to get rid of spragan and keep the hole on DT or CB.

The talent level in Miami is very low

Back
Top Bottom