Are we ruining our future with potential players? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we ruining our future with potential players?

Dolfan Dave

Active Roster
Reaction score
We've jettisoned recent first round picks and other contributing players. We already saw this effect with coaches turning us down due to poorly ran organization. Will we have trouble landing FA and securing draft picks? Will Tua say he doesn't want to play here?

There comes a point when you have so many picks , and so much money, that it’s not a hard sell to convince a rookie qb to come to south beach, party it up, and be a part of the “solution”. It’s highly unlikely tua does this. If he does, wave 150 million in cap space and a billion draft picks in Trevor Lawrence’s face and let him take the reigns. And when (if) he looks good, we become a viable destination for free agents again.

All easier said than done, but it’s not that dramatic.

We've jettisoned recent first round picks and other contributing players. We already saw this effect with coaches turning us down due to poorly ran organization. Will we have trouble landing FA and securing draft picks? Will Tua say he doesn't want to play here?

Tua is not only a momma boy like Minka. He is a momma and daddy boy. If you draft Tua, you draft the family. And I am not saying "draft the family" like with Ted Ginn because he had a nice family. :lol: No, you are really drafting his family. Think Minka's momma is disruptive? Or Miko-bad with Grimes? Just wait until Tua is not used properly or we do not get the WR the Tagovailoa family would like to see. The **** will hit the ceiling quickly.

On the rest of it: I don't think we will have any problems attracting FAs. Right now players see the scoreboard and say "dam, bad team." But that's the extend of it. By season's end we will have a better idea what direction we will go. FAs will not determine who we are going to sign. The FO and HC will. They have to be a fit for us.

We've ruined any players wanting to come here this season but next season absolutely not, This is Miami not Cleveland ohio not to mention these professional athletes are out playing for Money and thats the bottom line.. Anyone thinking a Superbowl is the sole factor is kidding themselves..

I mean if someone offered you 15 million dollars to live in Cleveland or 1 million to live in miami where would you all go? These guys are human too

Who was the last quarterback that held out for a significant period of time after being drafted? JeMarcus Russell I think. Otherwise, the way things work right now is that there is all the incentive to get to the NFL as soon as you can, unless you really feel that you need more time to develop your game in college.

And even if Tua doesn’t like what Grier is doing and thinks he doesn’t want to be a part of it, it’s just as likely he’s going to be picked by some tanking team next year.

Seems you're overreacting a little. Let's see what the last 8 games look like and what needs should get priority

Tua is not only a momma boy like Minka. He is a momma and daddy boy. If you draft Tua, you draft the family. And I am not saying "draft the family" like with Ted Ginn because he had a nice family. :lol: No, you are really drafting his family. Think Minka's momma is disruptive? Or Miko-bad with Grimes? Just wait until Tua is not used properly or we do not get the WR the Tagovailoa family would like to see. The **** will hit the ceiling quickly.

On the rest of it: I don't think we will have any problems attracting FAs. Right now players see the scoreboard and say "dam, bad team." But that's the extend of it. By season's end we will have a better idea what direction we will go. FAs will not determine who we are going to sign. The FO and HC will. They have to be a fit for us.
Cough - yes Listen to this guy who goes to church with and sits down to eat with Tua’s Family - he knows he knows

I have to ask, where has Tua's father spoken out? Just curious?

“I know Jalen is a special kid,” said Galu. “I’m really, really grateful and thankful to Jalen and the family, the parents. Jalen took in Tua as his brother, and they’ve worked, and it hurts me to hear and to see how people react to Jalen, I mean, this kid has been so special to this league. As a father, I know how it feels, I can just imagine going through that with my son. It kills me to see things like that.”
“We pray for Jalen, we pray for the family, and I always tell Tua, ‘you have to hold tight to Jalen, that’s your guy,’ not because you’re starting and that things have changed, it should never be like that. It breaks my heart to see that, but at the same time, when we see Jalen come in, I mean, I’m stoked, I’m happy. I want to see him be successful, I want to see him do good, because he’s been good, I mean, he’s taken this team to two national championships. You can’t take that away from him, you can’t take that away from him and his family.”

Doesn't seem like the portrait that is being painted...

I see the Miami "woke" crowd are out in force..

I see the Miami "woke" crowd are out in force..

You follow Bama closer then I and I can't find anything about Tua's family disrupting anything at Bama.

You follow Bama closer then I and I can't find anything about Tua's family disrupting anything at Bama.
Great people...strict parents?..maybe..More parents should be like this...tide pod eating,safe space looking,and
not knowing what bathroom to go to......LOL..yea.. Tua's parents are horrible..

Somebody is big mad that a team is tanking after he spent all offseason telling us that was all a myth. Go being condescending somewhere else. If you are gonna be a smartass, you better be right.

Back
Top Bottom