Are we ruining our future with potential players? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we ruining our future with potential players?

Baker better start playing better. Leaving a lot of things on the field this year

No doubt, but if you are a QB...Which situation would you rather be in?

If Tua wants to only go to a winner he better start leaking bong videos. Crappy teams and high draft spots are usually synonymous.
If he starts that kind of drama before the draft i wouldn't want any part of him.

Baker better start playing better. Leaving a lot of things on the field this year
Monken and kitchens are too focused on being a vertical passing team. They need to attack the short routes more so the defense is strained. Also they ignored the line and offloaded zeitler which was a big mistake. Their "success" last year made them to ****y that they were ready to compete.

I definitely think there’s a saban influence in all this and we probably didn’t do ourselves any favors with the move we made earlier this week with one of his all time favorites to coach. A kid he waxed poetic about pre draft.
I am not worried about Saban at all. College coaches have their own batch of kids they worry about. You do not see him stepping in when the skins draft a player, even though they are worse off then we are.

People over state the influence of his parent around here to. His family has no pull in the NFL. You play where you are drafted and he is no exception. If he influenced by his parents that much then that would scare me as a character flaw more than anything.

I mean if someone offered you 15 million dollars to live in Cleveland or 1 million to live in miami where would you all go? These guys are human too

Ummm... I am from south Florida, and have been a Dolphins fan my whole life. I only like sports teams from FL whether it be college or pros, but would I take 15 mil to live in that ****hole of Cleveland rather than 1 mil to go to Miami? Yes... yes I would.

Ummm... I am from south Florida, and have been a Dolphins fan my whole life. I only like sports teams from FL whether it be college or pros, but would I take 15 mil to live in that ****hole of Cleveland rather than 1 mil to go to Miami? Yes... yes I would.
Yeah, this idea that living in Miami trumps all, including tens of millions of dollars a year, is asinine. Right up there with the idea that Miami is the only NFL city where there’s something going on during the season, as if New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. are Des Moines and Cedar Rapids.

Fans have been complaining for years that we need to completely gut and rebuild from scratch. To stop half measures.

A real tear down usually takes about 2 or 3 seasons to turn over every stone and get rid of all old assets and the footprints of an old regime.

We are seeing this microwaved. And I'm glad

But it never fails when the dirty work starts, the same complainers surface again to question and critique if it is being done correctly.

When you call for a nuclear strike, you don't complain about collateral damage.

This is what a tear down looks like.

We. Are. Starting. Over.

Forget how appealing we look right now. We have the exact same trajectory as an expansion team. Everything must be built, including credibility in the league.

The only assets we will have for the next 3 years are the ones we draft. We are building and looking for pieces that want to be here. It is not for the weak.

We will not be looking for elite FAs any time soon. And when we do it will be to find that missing piece needed to catapult us into championship contention

Stop worrying about image. We have none. We are starting over.

Stop worrying about how FAs will view us. The only thing we can do is focus on draft picks. Because that is where our team will be built

X might be the only previous regime player that survives. We are about to see a ton of faces and names go through these doors. We are weeding out and picking who the new Phins will be.

It will be attrition looking for people who want to be here

It will be ugly. You might want to look away.

I can't believe were resetting the the counter to 0 then starting down the same path we were just on, rebuild thru draft capitol and trades and use FA for a player here and there, use your cap space on your players. Although signing Grant doesn't look like a smartest move today (can't catch the football that speed means nothing), move McCain back to slot CB and Davis does look like a capable 6 man for the offensive line - I at least hope that's what he will be.

Good start moving players in the draft - Rosen deal, selling Tunsil for a kings ransom even moving Minkah could yield a top prospect - better maneuver thru the draft the next 2 years like a pro that's whats going to make or break this rebuild, reaching and failing will kill it. 2021 you should be making a serious push deep into the playoffs.

I definitely think there’s a saban influence in all this and we probably didn’t do ourselves any favors with the move we made earlier this week with one of his all time favorites to coach. A kid he waxed poetic about pre draft.
Screw Saban. TBH, the "Saban influence" is one of the things that give me reservations about Tua. I'm sure some would say playing for lyin Nick is a plus, but that's not how I see it.

While I wouldn't move any of our top 4 picks in 2020 until I knew exactly what they were, come draft time and Jalen Ramsey is still around in Jacksonville and his price has dropped significantly I could see trading our 2nd-2nd and a 3rd for him. Those our the deals Miami should be looking for.

It's not the Tunsil deal for Ramsey and it's not even the Minkah deal - buy low - sell high

just ditch the front office. clean start, loads of picks and money

everyone wins

When I checked the currency exchange market today, $1 from a bad team spent the same as $1 from a good team.

Seriously, though, I don't understand when the same people who say that athletes are "all about the money" are the same ones who think a team performing poorly scares away players because of team performance. The bottom line is that there will be some players that you may have to give add an extra year onto their deal or offer a slightly higher deal to come to Miami right now....but ultimately it is about $$. Take Jarvis Landry....when he left, he went where the money was. It may work out that Cleveland ends up being a winning franchise but he wasn't scared off by their years of being a joke....and throw in that playing in the city of Cleveland sure isn't attractive as Miami. Money will buy players, period.

Tua refusing to play for Miami is crazy talk at this point.

Besides the financial implications and a stunt like that being out of character for him, he has little leverage.

Tua is a junior, will know the draft order and whether he is likely to get drafted with the 1st pick.

To declare early and then refuse to play for the Dolphins seems about as likely as Miami winning the Super Bowl this year.

If not playing for Miami is a major concern most likely he doesn't declare for the draft.

Tua refusing to play for Miami is crazy talk at this point.

Besides the financial implications and a stunt like that being out of character for him, he has little leverage.

Tua is a junior, will know the draft order and whether he is likely to get drafted with the 1st pick.

To declare early and then refuse to play for the Dolphins seems about as likely as Miami winning the Super Bowl this year.

If not playing for Miami is a major concern most likely he doesn't declare for the draft.
I don't know when the deadline to declare is, and don't care enough to look, but assuming your timeline is correct, you make a good point.

Bottom line. If he doesn't want to play here, I don't want him here.

Not saying that is the case, but it seems to be a concern among some posters. I'm certainly not in favor of allowing some guy that hasn't played an NFL snap to manipulate my thinking as a GM or HC.

I don't know when the deadline to declare is, and don't care enough to look, but assuming your timeline is correct, you make a good point.

Bottom line. If he doesn't want to play here, I don't want him here.

Not saying that is the case, but it seems to be a concern among some posters. I'm certainly not in favor of allowing some guy that hasn't played an NFL snap to manipulate my thinking as a GM or HC.
NFL regular season wraps up December 29th. Unless teams have identical records and SOS draft order for top 20 picks will be known then.

National Championship is January 7th.

Back
Top Bottom