Are we ruining our future with potential players? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we ruining our future with potential players?

I don't know when the deadline to declare is, and don't care enough to look, but assuming your timeline is correct, you make a good point.

Bottom line. If he doesn't want to play here, I don't want him here.

Not saying that is the case, but it seems to be a concern among some posters. I'm certainly not in favor of allowing some guy that hasn't played an NFL snap to manipulate my thinking as a GM or HC.

7 days following the NCAA Champiosnhip game.

Have to remember Grier been here for 20 years and during that time Parcells was Vice President of Football Operations and actually had height and weight and years starting in college as requirements before someone made it on his draft board, How much influence Parcells time here has on Grier is anyone's guess. Reason I mention it because Tua more than likely would not meet the height requirements to make it on Parcells draft board.

Grier also brought in Mavin Allen. Adam Engroff and Anthony Hunt in 2018 to help with the draft and pro player personal.

Have to remember Grier been here for 20 years and during that time Parcells was Vice President of Football Operations and actually had height and weight and years starting in college as requirements before someone made it on his draft board, How much influence Parcells time here has on Grier is anyone's guess. Reason I mention it because Tua more than likely would not meet the height requirements to make it on Parcells draft board.

Grier also brought in Mavin Allen. Adam Engroff and Anthony Hunt in 2018 to help with the draft and pro player personal.

Parcells also wanted 4 year starters which Tua wouldn’t be. Of course that got us Chad Henne.

I don't think so. It's not like the Dolphins are going to do this every year. They are tearing it down to build it back up and they have the ammo to do this. Smart players will realize this and think about there wallets first which we will be able to inflate nicely for them.

Fans have been complaining for years that we need to completely gut and rebuild from scratch. To stop half measures.

A real tear down usually takes about 2 or 3 seasons to turn over every stone and get rid of all old assets and the footprints of an old regime.

We are seeing this microwaved. And I'm glad

But it never fails when the dirty work starts, the same complainers surface again to question and critique if it is being done correctly.

When you call for a nuclear strike, you don't complain about collateral damage.

This is what a tear down looks like.

We. Are. Starting. Over.

Forget how appealing we look right now. We have the exact same trajectory as an expansion team. Everything must be built, including credibility in the league.

The only assets we will have for the next 3 years are the ones we draft. We are building and looking for pieces that want to be here. It is not for the weak.

We will not be looking for elite FAs any time soon. And when we do it will be to find that missing piece needed to catapult us into championship contention

Stop worrying about image. We have none. We are starting over.

Stop worrying about how FAs will view us. The only thing we can do is focus on draft picks. Because that is where our team will be built

X might be the only previous regime player that survives. We are about to see a ton of faces and names go through these doors. We are weeding out and picking who the new Phins will be.

It will be attrition looking for people who want to be here

It will be ugly. You might want to look away.

Not a single person who has expressed support for the so-called nuclear option can point to a single instance of it ever being done before and I've yet to see one person who follows or works in the NFL professionally say it's anything but a mistake and no they're not jealous haters, they couldn't give a damn about this organization one way or another.

You don't build teams by gutting the rosters down to a 1970s expansion team, you keep your good players under cost control and add more good players by drafting better, period. You don't give away your good pieces for the uncertain prospect of drafting their replacements. Players are roughly good, average or bad, so you've traded away good or average players for a 2/3 chance of replacing them with average or bad players, so the odds are you're either not improving the team or making the team worse.

Don't think Tunsil was good enough? Great can't wait to see his replacement. Here is a list of every tackle drafted, pay close attention to the dozens of first round busts at the position. I'm sure Grier, with his Keen eye for talent and good judgement can find a good replacement. http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/t

Back
Top Bottom