are we shopping ricky??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are we shopping ricky???

I think Saban would listen to any offers... He has nothing to lose... I also think however that you are seriously overvalueing Ricky in this scenario. I don't see anyone giving more than a second for him and at this price Saban is much better off keeping him... He is playing for the league minimum!!! Ricky's greatest value is to us.

The Cutler scuttlebutt has way too much momentum... There are far too many teams interested in getting him. I seriously would recommend you save yourself the heartache and start studying Croyle, Whitehurst and even Shockley.

Saban will be open to any offers. If he doesn't receive the right one, Ricky will be with us next year.

A trade with San Francisco is possible.

We are talking about a team who doesn't have a running back and needs more than just one player to make a difference in their team, and also, they don't want to be spending much money (owners are going cheap to build a new stadium).

Oakland Raiders already have Lamont Jordan, so I doubt they would be interested in Ricky Williams.

On the other hand, San Francisco doesn't want to spend too much money and Ricky Williams is getting paid the league minimum. Picking up a guy like Ricky Williams is the best possible situation for them.

So a trade for Ricky Williams and the 16th pick for their draft pick is a possibility. Or maybe a trade for Ricky and pick up J. Peterson? Who knows. It's a long off season.

SabanEra84 said:
Miami will only trade Ricky if Saban is desperate for Cutler, aka trading with da Raiders. But I think he will want Ricky out of the conference if we trade him so I can see a trade with the niners, niners get their feature back since they already have a QB. So Miami could trade ricky and draft jay at the niners spot in the draft. But I think saban will keep ricky because Croyle and Shockley are proving to be an excellent option in the 2nd or 3rd rounds as well. I will not be shocked if Saban takes one of the to CB/OL with the 16th pick.

Huh? Shockley will be lucky if he makes an NFL roster.

Croyle has major question marks, an extensive injury history, a slight build and poor mobility, that all adds up to a QB that will take a lot of hits in the NFL and probably miss a lot of time. I personally wouldn't spend over a 3rd rounder on Croyle, and even then I'd be hesitant.

Actually I think the point of the article was that Ricky went shopping...at Whole Foods, for organic rutabaga and swordfish steaks.

Fish-Head said:
The Cutler scuttlebutt has way too much momentum... There are far too many teams interested in getting him. I seriously would recommend you save yourself the heartache and start studying Croyle, Whitehurst and even Shockley.
I agree and would be happy with any of the three you state above, but if we can essentially trade Ricky for the rights to draft Cutler, I would do so in a second!!

Cutler - could - be a star of amazing proportions. He could be a real a-hole with a head case too, but you can say that about just any high-round draft pick. You've got to take a chance at some point!!

Back
Top Bottom