Votes: 30 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dne spins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
you guys think we could be considered a "soft" team both on offense and defense? it doesn't seem like we've been physical enough at any point under wanny to go out and knock any good teams around either on offense or defense.

I think on offense we have been but with James Whitley Mckinney all being the nasty type OL I think it will change.

Were soft cause of Wanny. Thats the way he is, he never makes people meaner or ****y. Mcmichael has the ****iness and JT, ZT, and Seau have it too, other than that, I havent really seen anyone else who does.

chambers and it looks like Feeley also.

Hate to break it to you....But Wanny is the one coach that has made us HARD...not the softies we used to be....

Big Defense and Running Game = Tough, Hard.

Crappy Defense and Passing Game = Soft.

Toughness is measured in wins and losses. In the case of the Dolphins, they always win a lot of games but usually find a way to miss the playoffs, at least under this regime. They're tough, but not tough enough, aka soft.

I'm sure Jason Taylor could probably kick the **** out of a lot of people, but if the team isn't winning then it isn't a tough team. As many have pointed out, Dave is not a good coach, and as long as he's running the ship, they'll be soft.

xxedge72x said:
Toughness is measured in wins and losses. In the case of the Dolphins, they always win a lot of games but usually find a way to miss the playoffs, at least under this regime. They're tough, but not tough enough, aka soft.

I'm sure Jason Taylor could probably kick the **** out of a lot of people, but if the team isn't winning then it isn't a tough team. As many have pointed out, Dave is not a good coach, and as long as he's running the ship, they'll be soft.
So that makes the Jets????

I voted no that we're not soft and then I got to thinking wait a minute....if we weren't soft wouldn't we be able to win a cold road game in December. After starting 8-4 shouldn't we have made the playoffs? Oh well I cant change the vote now. But in the past couple of years we have been able to line up and smash the ball down your throat even when they knew it was coming so in a way were not soft......PLAYCALLING HAS DEFINITELY BEEN SOFT!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
So that makes the Jets????
It doesn't make the Jets any better than the Dolphins over recent history. In fact, I never said it did. Since you don't have anything to retort to my argument, you just attack the Jets instead. Good job. :D

Since you want to attack the Jets though, let's compare.

Herm Edwards
2001 - 10-6 - Great record, Playoffs, Wildcard Round
2002 - 9-7 - Good record, AFC East Champs, Divisional Round
2003 - 6-10 - Sent home in shame.

Dave Wandstedt
2000 - 11-5 - Spectacular Record, AFC Championship
2001 - 11-5 - Spectacular Record, Playoffs, Wildcard Round
2002 - 9-7 - Good record, no playoffs
2003 - 10-6 - Great record, no playoffs

Well, looking at the numbers it's actually quite amazing to think that good ole Davey Boy is on the bubble at the moment, meanwhile Jet fans are loving what has developed in Jetland thus far...

Why is that? Well, first of all, maybe it has to do with the fact that over the last four years, the Dolphins talentwise were a lot BETTER than their record. Honestly, how can someone consistently put together those kinds of records and never go anywhere with them?

The NFL is a win now league, and suddenly the Dolphins are faced with a lot of **** this offseason and preseason. In many ways, this season for the Dolphins is very similar to what the Jets dealt with last year. Why is Herm receiving better treatment than good ole Dave?

Herm has one less year under his belt than Dave for one. Had this been a year later, the Jets probably would have a new head coach right now. If the Jets falter this year, they WILL have a new head coach next year.

The biggest situations regarding the Jets last year and the Dolphins this year was/is Chad getting hurt and Ricky retiring. Chad got hurt in a freak injury, where he landed on top of his wrist on a perfectly clean tackle. **** happens, this is the NFL. Except, the **** was powerful enough to more or less end the Jets season. Ricky... well, I don't think I need to argue Ricky's case to any of the Dolphin fans. Some argue that it's Dave's fault that he brought someone to the Dolphins like that. Is that case? Has he ever done this before? How about David Boston? Many questions surrounding the situation.

How Dave deals with this year ultimately will determine his fate, and that of the Dolphins. Being that he wasn't very good with GREAT teams, he probably will fail miserably now that the **** has officially hit the fan. Meanwhile, now that the Jets are back on their feet, by the end of this season we may very possibly see the dawn of an era in New York where Jet fans praise Herm, and not disparage him. It's just the way it is.

If you want an exact, stat for stat comparison of whether the Jets are tougher than the Dolphins recently, fine, I concede, the Dolphins have earned that title. That doesn't make up for what probably will go down this year, and that's what the NFL is all about... right now.

Back
Top Bottom