Are we turning into the Pirates of the NFL??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we turning into the Pirates of the NFL???

dolfanerie

Scout Team
Reaction score
I will be a Finfan for life but the thought has crossed my mind the last two weeks that the possibility that Ross is in this to make enough money and use us as pawns in his big game. Think about the Pirates in baseball. I live in PA and they have the best baseball stadium in MLB. They have stunk for 20 years, but yet the owners show profits even though the seats are never filled. They trade everything with talent away and never pick up any free agents. Ross has showed that he is willing to spend money (Marshall, Dansby) on free agents but with both of them not panning out as well as expected does this start his ball rolling?? With some of the cheap decisions lately, I am hopeful but not optimistic that Ross may just be satisfied with making a small chunk on The Fish. Just a thought.... I sure hope not.:confused:

I will be a Finfan for life but the thought has crossed my mind the last two weeks that the possibility that Ross is in this to make enough money and use us as pawns in his big game. Think about the Pirates in baseball. I live in PA and they have the best baseball stadium in MLB. They have stunk for 20 years, but yet the owners show profits even though the seats are never filled. They trade everything with talent away and never pick up any free agents. Ross has showed that he is willing to spend money (Marshall, Dansby) on free agents but with both of them not panning out as well as expected does this start his ball rolling??
:bobdole:

With some of the cheap decisions lately, I am hopeful but not optimistic that Ross may just be satisfied with making a small chunk on The Fish. Just a thought.... I sure hope not.:confused:

Just proves noone in the entrie Miami Dolphin FO and HC knows what theyre doing

I will be a Finfan for life but the thought has crossed my mind the last two weeks that the possibility that Ross is in this to make enough money and use us as pawns in his big game. Think about the Pirates in baseball. I live in PA and they have the best baseball stadium in MLB. They have stunk for 20 years, but yet the owners show profits even though the seats are never filled. They trade everything with talent away and never pick up any free agents. Ross has showed that he is willing to spend money (Marshall, Dansby) on free agents but with both of them not panning out as well as expected does this start his ball rolling?? With some of the cheap decisions lately, I am hopeful but not optimistic that Ross may just be satisfied with making a small chunk on The Fish. Just a thought.... I sure hope not.:confused:

Really???

Ya, I guess Dansby was fine.... Just really strugglin right now with this owner.....

really? i think both Dansby and Marshall were fine. Didn't MArshall get 1000 receiving yards missing a couple of games and with awfully inconsistent/bad quarterbacking? we are by far not the worst team in the nfl nor have we been the worst team in the nfl year after year. the lions, raiders, bengals would be better comparisons. but even they ghaven't had comparable stretches like the pirates. we made the playoffs 2 years ago, how could that possibly make us the pirates of the league?

acutally we are the cubs of the nfl. im a cards fan but live in cubs country and we are very similar. they always spend tons of money and bring people in and suck.

Have we really become the worst fans in the NFL? Did we win our division just 3 years ago? What the hell have the pirates done in the last decade.

The sad part is that as horrible as the Pirates have been the last 18 years, they've still won a championship more recently the the Dolphins.

this thread = :sidelol:

Saying the Fins are liking the pirates, please.
Marshall having over a 1000 yards in 14 games, first fin since chambers in 05, with sub quaterback play. and Dansby reminding me of ZT in his hayday.:hsmash:

Dansby reminding me of ZT in his hayday.:hsmash:

Zach Thomas

1996....154 tackles
1997....138 tackles
1998....137 tackles
1999....133 tackles
2000....99 tackles...11 games
2001....155 tackles
2002....156 tackles
2003....153 tackles
2004....145 tackles...13 games
2005....162 tackles
2006....165 tackles
2007....52 tackles....5 games

Karlos Dansby
2010...95 tackles .....14 games

SORRY, Is no Zach Thomas and never will be

No, this is bad comparison. The Pirates haven't had a winning season since 1992. Even with the Dolphins not making it to a Super Bowl at least they've won a couple divisor titles and made the playoffs a bunch of times.

I just don't get the comparison. Find me a mediocre baseball team in the same time period and then I'd agree.

Back
Top Bottom