Are we using Lemon in practice to benefit us on how to contain Vick and Brooks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we using Lemon in practice to benefit us on how to contain Vick and Brooks?

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
I think it would be cool to know if Saban is using Lemon in practice as Vick and Brooks decoys...he has the mobility to imitate what those guys do...It would help us when we do play falcons and saints this sunday.

correct me if im wrong, but i was under the impression that lemon is relatively mobile but not THAT fast...not like vick/brooks

I don't know, but monday night, i think it was Al, that said the patriots use thier fastest guy in practice for QB. It's a good idea.

lemon is athletic but not fast, i think he ran a 4.9. at the combine, which a big fat slob like me can do

Pat Surtain probably did a fair Vick impression in practice. He use to be a QB in high school. I think he competed against Vick too I'm not sure.

Lemon could certainly immitate Brooks, and I'm sure that is who Lemon reminded Mueller of when he scouted him. We'd have to put a WR jitterbug out there if we want someone to immitate Vick. Maybe Wes Welker could, but I doubt he can throw lol.

claytonAndDuper said:
lemon is athletic but not fast, i think he ran a 4.9. at the combine, which a big fat slob like me can do

The funny part about Lemon is I severely doubt he's a 4.9 guy nowadays. By all accounts, this guy's done a complete 180 in terms what kind of QB he is. He use to be slow-footed in college. Now he's criticized for being too quick to run! And, he's outrunning a bunch of defensive linemen and linebackers.

claytonAndDuper said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree ck, he looks nimble, kind of like jake the snake out there, i dunno what happened, maybes hes got good agility and acc, but no top end speed...?

ccphinfan said:
I don't know, but monday night, i think it was Al, that said the patriots use thier fastest guy in practice for QB. It's a good idea.
The Seahawks used Seneca for that last year. Then Vick only played one series since it was the end of the season.:lol:

Chambers is another guy that could provide that type of speed. After watching that 77 yard touchdown reception, he was breaking further away from the pack. He's definitely got some wheels.

Back
Top Bottom