Are You Confident In The Direction Of The Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, May 8, 2019.

?

Are you confident in the direction of the team?

1. Yes

100 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Not Sure

40 vote(s)
    26.0%
  1. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP Donator

Every coach has this same honeymoon period, it seems like. Then you'll have a "just missed" season where it looks like we're headed in the right direction, if only we had more talented players...or a mirage of a season where there will be a playoff waxing after an improbable win streak.

After about 2-3 years of mediocrity, everyone will turn on each other, and debate with each other who the biggest hater of the front office is...or will talk about how they were the first one to say that the front office and coaching staff sucked, if just only anyone had listened.

Nicknames and memes will be made, the staff will become a staph, and a bizarre mix of apathy and anger will take over, as if the anger will be able to change the direction of a sports team...

Eventually, everyone will be sacked, and a new group will take their place, come in, talk the big talk, and stoke a ton of excitement in the fan base...the cycle will repeat itself...

It's happened with everyone I can remember after Wannstedt without fail.

DolfanDuBbZ~ likes this.
  2. Nebraskphin

Nebraskphin Active Member

By definition, if you're "not sure" if your confident, isn't that the same as saying your not confident? That's why I answered no. Encouraged and hopeful, yes... but not confident.

3. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

I thought this for a moment, too.

Then I parsed it as "I don't have enough information yet to properly express my level of confidence."

BahamaFinFan78 likes this.
  4. randomname

randomname A True Fan

I am not confident at all.

Which is a huge step up from how I felt when Tannenbaum was still here. It's nice to be able to look at the future and say "Hey, there's a chance we won't suck soon!"

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I will not be confident in their direction until I see how their QB position is going to take shape.

39wildman likes this.
  6. JamesBW43

JamesBW43 You're standing on my neck Finheaven VIP

The question is are you confident in the direction. To that I say yes. Finally dumping bloated contracts, stockpiling 2020 picks, making solid draft moves that maximize value, are all smart moves that make me confident the team is moving in the right direction going forward. Maybe they will still suck on the field, but I can't think of many moves so far that I vehemently disliked. The next step is to gauge the coaching.

phins_4_ever and Mach2 like this.
  7. 13marino13

13marino13 I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS! Finheaven VIP Donator

upload_2019-5-9_13-31-58.jpeg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload_2019-5-9_13-30-37.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-9_13-31-9.jpeg
    20 years of mediocrity. Yeah, we're due!

dahlmarino and Agua like this.
  8. ghostface95

ghostface95 Starter

Truth be told the shock hasn't worn off yet. Seeing a Miami Dolphins team as a whole where there is a cohesive team vision/philosophy where all parties involved (Team, Coaching staff, FO personnel) are ALL on the same page is a bit much to process lol.

I'm not used to this long-term vision and less dysfunctional circumstances on this team before.

13marino13 and Austin Tatious like this.
  9. Agua

Agua Fighting the media, one lie at a time

Haven't been "confident" in the direction of the Dolphins since my youthful naivete disappeared around 1996. I like the serious demeanor of Flores and the bona fides of his staff, though.

10. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

I like that we seem to be committed to a long term rebuild and are not going for band aids.

Now the thing is you have to stay the course. If we have some unexpected success you must not deviate from the plan and think we are only one player away

11. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

Agree 100%. And I'd like to see them do an analysis of paying free agents. Look at baseball. Good pitchers like Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrell, who can really help teams, are sitting out because teams have done the cost-benefit analysis, and they will not overpay based on age, length of contract, etc.

I'd like to see us dispense with the Suh type overpaying. The ideal free agent signing would be an ascending player, like Starks. I'd like to sign our own draft picks a year early (like signing X now) so you don't get into overpay territory the following year. That will develop morale because other players will see our home grown talent get paid. Second, it helps with continuity. Draft well, keep your own players (early), and sign ascending players who won't break the bank (Randy Starks, not Suh).

And seem obsessive at the qb position. Get multiple assets there if need be.

PHINSfan likes this.
  12. 13marino13

13marino13 I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS! Finheaven VIP Donator

I think they're pretty focused and won't let that happen.

13. Pandarilla

Pandarilla A True Fan

I'm not sure whether we're tanking or not...

14. Csonked Out

Csonked Out FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

We just signed Xavien to a MONSTER deal.....highest paid corner in th league

15. DZimmer000

DZimmer000 BJJ Black Belt

I have stated before that I'm not a fan of the Flores hiring or the Grier promotion. Based on that I voted no.....BUT.... I have to say that Grier is actually doing a decent job from what I can see. I'm not as down on this team's future as I was 90 days ago. It's still early, but I'm becoming more positive as we go along.