Are you ready for some (women’s) football? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you ready for some (women’s) football?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
It’s kickoff time, ladies!

We’re not talking about watching the Super Bowl from the comfort of the couch  or, worse, serving up cold Bud to a room full of guys who are.

The event in question is the start of the 2007 women’s football season.

No, it’s not the Bears vs. the Colts, but it is the real deal: On 80 teams across the nation, women are donning pads, hitting hard, breaking bones and launching the ball in a way that gives an entirely new meaning to throwing “like a girl.â€Â

Skeptics who see a game quickly become fans, says Jodi “Moose†Houglum, fullback for the Minnesota Vixen.

“They come to the games and they say, ‘Wow, I can’t believe you’re hitting that hard,’†she says. “Then they say, ‘Wow, I have to bring my friends.’"

Still, as one of the last frontiers in male-dominated sports, football is rough turf. Although many women have the passion and athleticism for the game, making an institution of women’s tackle football faces more obstacles than a kickoff returner 5 yards deep in the end zone.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16893758/

It’s kickoff time, ladies!

We’re not talking about watching the Super Bowl from the comfort of the couch  or, worse, serving up cold Bud to a room full of guys who are.

The event in question is the start of the 2007 women’s football season.

No, it’s not the Bears vs. the Colts, but it is the real deal: On 80 teams across the nation, women are donning pads, hitting hard, breaking bones and launching the ball in a way that gives an entirely new meaning to throwing “like a girl.â€Â

Skeptics who see a game quickly become fans, says Jodi “Moose†Houglum, fullback for the Minnesota Vixen.

Still, as one of the last frontiers in male-dominated sports, football is rough turf. Although many women have the passion and athleticism for the game, making an institution of women’s tackle football faces more obstacles than a kickoff returner 5 yards deep in the end zone.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16893758/

I'd love to see a game. There's been leagues for a long time, just never turned out to be any succesful ones.

Back
Top Bottom