Are you worried about Suh not showing up to Voluntary workouts? Is he obligated to? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you worried about Suh not showing up to Voluntary workouts? Is he obligated to?

How would you feel about Suh not showing up for Voluntary Workouts

• I'd be disappointed and question his work ethic

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Maybe he's not the leader I thought he was

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • No big deal, he'll be ready for training camp

Votes: 44 39.3%
  • I'm indifferent to it

Votes: 27 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not worried about it if he doesn't attend, although it would obviously be great if he did from a leadership stand point.

As long as he's working to stay in shape though I don't really care. His job isn't complicated - crush the dude in front of you and wreck the QB.

he never shows up and i dont care

The only bad thing about him not going to voluntary workouts is that the other players won't be able to see how he works. But it has nothing to do with Suh's own work ethic. The guy works his ass off and you can tell because he never gets hurt and pretty much never even comes out of the game. Very few defensive players take on the kind of snap load that he does. And he plays hard. If anything he plays too hard.

If you signed Suh to be "a leader" then you should have done your homework, but that's not the kind of guy he is. Suh is quiet, quirky, intellectual and keeps to himself. That's the way he's always been and it's the way he always will be.

I think he has been referred to as the "centerpiece" of the defense, not the "leader"...

I do think the defense sorely lacks a leader,but Suh is not going to fill that roll....he will on the other hand, fill Brady's body with bruises...

I think he will lead the defense by example. Hard work and a desire to win rubbing off on this defense couldn't hurt.

I'm just gonna wait until the season to decide. I'm not nearly as optimistic as most people on here about Suh's signing, but whether he shows up to voluntary workouts isn't really going to make a difference in my mind either way.

From a business and self-marketing standpoint, he'd be stupid to give anybody ammunition / reasons to doubt him, especially in the shadow of Haynesworth's story that the media hasn't forgotten. One false step and the hater bandwagon will come full-force.

I just don't think he's going to make a big enough difference to justify his contract. I do expect him to keep playing at an elite level, but he's only one player and I don't expect it to be enough to make Miami into a strong contender.

My bet is that we don't have a problem and that Ndamukong will be a total professional, but some in the media love to create drama. Comparisons to Albert Haynesworth have been made in the media because they are/were both big tough Defensive Linemen on big contracts with record amounts guaranteed. The good news is that we got the hard working guy who is well behaved off the field and the Redskins got a lazy bum who exploited the situation.
Heath Evans is the biggest Dolphin hater in the media and he has stuck his red neck out by predicting Ndamukong will be a total disaster, because that is what he (and the Patriot organization) want to occur. Whether it happens or not, Heath has achieved his initial goal of creating drama and his job is to jump on Suh every opportunity he gets.
Belichick has now got a string of former Patriots in the media (Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest and Heath Evans). But heath goes further than all the others in revealing his bias and he is allowed to get away with it. For all we know they may still be on Kraft's payroll.

Will I be upset? Probably not, but if he wants to be one of the leaders on defensive and the team he needs to be there his first yr working with his new teammates. I would be surprised if he wasn't but the bottom line is, be in shape come July and ready to play......

I don't truly care if any player shows up for a voluntary workout, it's a damn job and the word voluntary means it's his damn choice.

Back
Top Bottom