Are you worried about Suh not showing up to Voluntary workouts? Is he obligated to? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you worried about Suh not showing up to Voluntary workouts? Is he obligated to?

How would you feel about Suh not showing up for Voluntary Workouts

• I'd be disappointed and question his work ethic

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Maybe he's not the leader I thought he was

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • No big deal, he'll be ready for training camp

Votes: 44 39.3%
  • I'm indifferent to it

Votes: 27 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Ran across this article on PFT. Typical Mike Florio Dolphin hating but I figured I'd poll the masses and see what your thoughts are.

Here is some of the article

This year, in what will be Suh’s first with the Dolphins, the question becomes whether he’ll show up for the early phases of the offseason program in Miami.

Officially launching on April 20, Suh isn’t contractually required to attend. No player must attend anything other than the one mandatory minicamp of the offseason. But there’s an unspoken expectation that players will volunteer to attend voluntary workouts, especially since the current labor deal shrinks the total period of time that players can work in the offseason, even if they want to work harder than that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/06/will-suh-show-up-for-offseason-program-in-miami/

Suh did not show up for Lions voluntary workouts last season when there was a new regime in place and in a contract year.

Would you be upset with him not showing up, getting acclimated with teammates and preparing his body for this South Florida humidity or are you confident that he's such a good player that he'll be ready to go come training camp (we do have the one mandatory mini camp in May I believe).

no the longer he stays away from dallas thomas the better health wise...

He needs to be there and i think he will. He's the center piece of our D and needs to show leadership from the get go.

I think he shows up. He held out last year cuz of contract issues.

Non issues. He'll be there.

IF he doesn't id be disappointed no doubt.

2 weeks away and Florio is speculating he won't show up? Outstanding...and it gets posted so that people can go to PFT and put more money in that clowns pocket. Don't feed the animals people.

2 weeks away and Florio is speculating he won't show up? Outstanding...and it gets posted so that people can go to PFT and put more money in that clowns pocket. Don't feed the animals people.

Heed this advice.

Not gonna lie, i'd be a upset if he didn't go.

Not so much that he needs it, but more to the fact that he should want to get acclimated with his new teammates. He's going into battle with these guys all season, he needs to get that brotherhood started.

(Random Thought)....(Just Florio throwing sliced hamburger pickles against the fast food restaurant dining room window again).

I heard that they asked him to stay away for the first couple weeks because they were worried about Dallas Thomas' ego being shattered before we even get to the preseason. But really though, he doesn't need to right now IMO. All he needs to be doing is learning the defensive scheme by watching tape. I think it's good to keep him fresh as well because I haven't seen any indication that he's ever been anything less than top physical form in the regular season. You don't get that big and move that fast without serious effort. Now if I hear that Kenny Stills or jordan cameron isn't there I'd be worried about that.

Suh came here for a new start and to be the leader of our D for the next several seasons. To make a strong first impression, it would be very advisable to show up to these voluntary workouts. I'm sure he will be ready to go.

If he doesn't show up I'll hunt him down and kick his azz.

LOL Seriously, who's gonna go up to him and say "Yo Damo, I realize you got paid a bazillion dollars but I'm really butthurt cuz you didn't show up for a voluntary function". Maybe Ross, right? But no one here, and sure as hell not Florio and no one from PFT.

Man, I can't wait for the season to start.

The only bad thing about him not going to voluntary workouts is that the other players won't be able to see how he works. But it has nothing to do with Suh's own work ethic. The guy works his ass off and you can tell because he never gets hurt and pretty much never even comes out of the game. Very few defensive players take on the kind of snap load that he does. And he plays hard. If anything he plays too hard.

If you signed Suh to be "a leader" then you should have done your homework, but that's not the kind of guy he is. Suh is quiet, quirky, intellectual and keeps to himself. That's the way he's always been and it's the way he always will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
no the longer he stays away from dallas thomas the better health wise...

You are afraid of Dallas hurting Suh? I'd be afraid Suh was going to abuse Dallas so bad he'll quit

Back
Top Bottom