Area's of Improvement (After Monday) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Area's of Improvement (After Monday)

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, there is obviously no game planning right now , which with Saban should always improve our chances, but I also expect some personnel changes and improvement in the area's we all saw as the weakest last Monday.

I haven't hit the panic button yet for the following reasons.

1. Secondary - I expect to see Tebucky Jones and Lance Shulters as our starting safeties and Travis Daniels starting opposite Sam Madison. Monday, we had Reggie Howard, who got burnt, starting opposite Madison, and Tillman and Bell as our starting safties. I expect 3 player changes in the secondary on September 11th which should improve the area.

2. O-Line - I bet Middleton wins the right guard job and Hadnot, who has only been practicing at Center for a week, as well as Carey who never played LT in college should both improve by the end of camp. Also if Ronnie Brown signs our blitz pickups should improve instantly as he is a great blocker.

3. Front seven - I didn't think was too bad but the Bears got some runs on us. Crowder is a rookie who should only get better and Seau's return, starter or not, should improve the linebacking. I also expect to see Vonnie Holiday starting in place on Jeff Zgonnia and Keith Traylor and Manny Wright, that's right, Manny Wright to contribute more when their conditioning improves.

4. QB's - Were not bad at all. Either could be adequate while neither will probably turn out to be a superstar. Let's block for these guys before we make the final judgement and as of now we haven't blocked for them very well.

HOW IS DERRIUS THOMPSON BEATING OUT DAVID BOSTON. Remember Boston has been known to be a poor practice player while Thompson is usually a vacuum cleaner in practice and a sieve on gameday. If Boston stays healthy he will be #3 guarenteed.

F150&Dolfan said:
Well, there is obviously no game planning right now , which with Saban should always improve our chances, but I also expect some personnel changes and improvement in the area's we all saw as the weakest last Monday.

I haven't hit the panic button yet for the following reasons.

1. Secondary - I expect to see Tebucky Jones and Lance Shulters as our starting safeties and Travis Daniels starting opposite Sam Madison. Monday, we had Reggie Howard, who got burnt, starting opposite Madison, and Tillman and Bell as our starting safties. I expect 3 player changes in the secondary on September 11th which should improve the area.

2. O-Line - I bet Middleton wins the right guard job and Hadnot, who has only been practicing at Center for a week, as well as Carey who never played LT in college should both improve by the end of camp. Also if Ronnie Brown signs our blitz pickups should improve instantly as he is a great blocker.

3. Front seven - I didn't think was too bad but the Bears got some runs on us. Crowder is a rookie who should only get better and Seau's return, starter or not, should improve the linebacking. I also expect to see Vonnie Holiday starting in place on Jeff Zgonnia and Keith Traylor and Manny Wright, that's right, Manny Wright to contribute more when their conditioning improves.

4. QB's - Were not bad at all. Either could be adequate while neither will probably turn out to be a superstar. Let's block for these guys before we make the final judgement and as of now we haven't blocked for them very well.

HOW IS DERRIUS THOMPSON BEATING OUT DAVID BOSTON. Remember Boston has been known to be a poor practice player while Thompson is usually a vacuum cleaner in practice and a sieve on gameday. If Boston stays healthy he will be #3 guarenteed.
I thought Vickerson did a great job. He was getting major push right up the middle. Hopefully him and Wright will contribute big time this season.

Mcduffie81 said:
I thought Vickerson did a great job. He was getting major push right up the middle. Hopefully him and Wright will contribute big time this season.

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only person who noticed this. He was explosive...pushing his man backwards and getting in the backfield quickly. He just needs to learn to react better, a few times the RB just ran by him.

i was most worried about are running game and are coverage ... i think we didn't do a good job in either of those

Yeah I'm not freakin out either. It was the first preseason game. And the fact is if Berlin threw a td instead of an int everyone would be happy now. That's what the beauty of preseason is. We still have 4 more to get it right. I was really impressed with Gus. I thought he handled the offence pretty good. And I would dare to say that if we let him play the rest of the game we would have won. But it's preseason. We will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom