Arena Football League QB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arena Football League QB's

Blade2000

NFL Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any AFL Qb's we could try to get? or any you would want to get?

Ahh great, let's move beyond taking other NFL team's scraps, now let's go to the Arena League :)

(Cue somebody going OMG KURT WARNER)

I remember some guy we cut I think like Clint Stoerner or something like that was doing really good last year. Shows the difference in talent between the leagues.

JTBRLZ said:
I remember some guy we cut I think like Clint Stoerner or something like that was doing really good last year. Shows the difference in talent between the leagues.

Stoerner had negative passing yards his last game with us, if I recall right.

If New Orleans were to get rid of Adrian McPhereson as their developmental prospect, I would pick him up. Other than that, I don't think the Arena League has much to offer.

Frank B said:
If New Orleans were to get rid of Adrian McPhereson as their developmental prospect, I would pick him up. Other than that, I don't think the Arena League has much to offer.

Uh... are you thinking of the NFL Europe league?

phinphan11 said:
Uh... are you thinking of the NFL Europe league?

Once Adrian got in trouble at college, he played in the AFL to keep in shape and used a pro-day to show scouts he was ready. That's why the Saints drafted him, because he did great at the combine and showed he still has talent in the AFL.

Also regarding Stoerner, he was the Dallas Cowboys 3rd string for a few years because Jerry loves to take ex-Arkansas players on his team.

I used to be a Dallas Desperados season ticket holder (till I moved back to San Antonio, now I'm thinking of getting Austin season tickets) and I've watched plenty of AFL in person. Most of the QBs from the AFL will not work in the NFL because the AFL is setup for the offense to succeed. There is no zone or blitzing from the outsides, so it's pretty easy for the QB. I'm suprised more NFL teams haven't gone after the AFL kickers though. The goal posts are twice as high and half the width of the NFL posts. I've seen plenty of AFL kickers kick 35+ yard FGs through those posts. Sure that's without wind, but why not take one of these guys to camp and see what happens? I love Mare, but do we really need to be paying a kicker that much money?

ChrisKo said:
Once Adrian got in trouble at college, he played in the AFL to keep in shape and used a pro-day to show scouts he was ready. That's why the Saints drafted him, because he did great at the combine and showed he still has talent in the AFL.

Also regarding Stoerner, he was the Dallas Cowboys 3rd string for a few years because Jerry loves to take ex-Arkansas players on his team.

I used to be a Dallas Desperados season ticket holder (till I moved back to San Antonio, now I'm thinking of getting Austin season tickets) and I've watched plenty of AFL in person. Most of the QBs from the AFL will not work in the NFL because the AFL is setup for the offense to succeed. There is no zone or blitzing from the outsides, so it's pretty easy for the QB. I'm suprised more NFL teams haven't gone after the AFL kickers though. The goal posts are twice as high and half the width of the NFL posts. I've seen plenty of AFL kickers kick 35+ yard FGs through those posts. Sure that's without wind, but why not take one of these guys to camp and see what happens? I love Mare, but do we really need to be paying a kicker that much money?

I see.....

Back
Top Bottom