Arik Armstead? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arik Armstead?

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
SF is going to have trouble keeping him even though he says he wants to stay.

He looks to be a fit in Flores DL but would surely cost big $$$.

Would you use a big chunk of the fFns Cap on him or try more of a mid priced FA approach(as well as the Draft to build the DL)?

Nice player. Probably the third best on that SF line. My concern is that he really only emerged this year once Nick Bosa solidified the unit and he had single blocks.

Not saying I wouldn't want him, but I'm thinking more in terms of Shaq Lawson with a smaller contract.

Nice player. Probably the third best on that SF line. My concern is that he really only emerged this year once Nick Bosa solidified the unit and he had single blocks.

Not saying I wouldn't want him, but I'm thinking more in terms of Shaq Lawson with a smaller contract.
^
Armstead was widely considered a 1st round bust until this year. He had 9 sacks in his first 4 seasons. That includes two years where he played all 16 games. He was honestly one level above Charles Harris until his “break out” season last year. I would avoid signing him at all costs as he is pretty much guaranteed to be unable to live up to the contract he is going to get.

You spelled the entire San Francisco 49ers roster wrong.

I would definitely sign him but to a middle of the road contract. He won't change your defense by himself. Put him and Chase Young on the same team and we could improve this defense's Front 7 substantially.

^
Armstead was widely considered a 1st round bust until this year. He had 9 sacks in his first 4 seasons. That includes two years where he played all 16 games. He was honestly one level above Charles Harris until his “break out” season last year. I would avoid signing him at all costs as he is pretty much guaranteed to be unable to live up to the contract he is going to get.
Maybe it just took him time to find himself, but I tend to agree with you.

I'd take him for a fair contract. His numbers don't seem to be as bad as "they" say they are:

mm.PNG

SF is going to have trouble keeping him even though he says he wants to stay.

He looks to be a fit in Flores DL but would surely cost big $$$.

Would you use a big chunk of the fFns Cap on him or try more of a mid priced FA approach(as well as the Draft to build the DL)?
No way I'd give up a large chunk of our cap for him, he's a byproduct of his surroundings, not a top-level guy deserving of top-level money. I doubt the Phins are going to break the bank for any single-player, those days are over. We're just now starting to get out of the mess we've gotten ourselves into with those types of signings the past few years. Not in the plans any longer...

It sure helped him being surrounded by 1st round draft choices. IMO Too expensive for the product.

I don't want the Fins to go after him, I want Miami to use FA and their Cap space to build an O Line a young QB would be safe behind.

This looks to be a strong defensive Draft so I would focus on D in April.

Back
Top Bottom