Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6

Makes me cringe seeing everyone slot Wilson to the Jets now. He's the real deal and I was pushing for him @ 3 when everyone was hyping up Fields as the number 2 Qb. Looks like it's set in stone now... damn the Jets are going to give us problems with this kid being there. Pitts or Chase would make me feel a bit better!
I'm with you on that one! Wilson has more NFL in his game than any QB I've seen in quite a while.

How that translates is never guaranteed -- but the kid is absolutely a potential diamond.

Way back in history we could have grabbed him @3 but obviously he's been run up the flag pole.

If for some weird reason he's avail @3...

:bobdole:

worst case is they only have smith to choose from, of which they are probably operating under that assumption. best case is all three to choose from. i wonder what they would do in that case? try to trade down or just take their highest rated player? interesting to know how they have those 3 ranked. no clue, i know i would put pitts as 1, then a toss up.

...and there are a LOT of Tackles in this draft who can do this.

There is only one guy that he won a National Championship with... threw 20 TDs to... and he's asking for THAT guy over a lineman in the first.
Coaches and GMs don't usually take final input on personnel decisions from players. They have to protect them from themselves. Sure, there are other tackles in the draft. None of them are likely to be as good as Sewell. This is also a great WR class, with tons of opportunities to get Burrow targets. Regardless of whether the Bengals take him, I'd be shocked to see him slide out of the top 10.

I think the Bengals almost have to take Sewell at 5, and if so, I hope we consider trading back to 8 or 9 if we can get value, because I suspect we would still get one of the guys we want.
I would but it would be costly for a team as it cost us a 2022 1s round+

Makes me cringe seeing everyone slot Wilson to the Jets now. He's the real deal and I was pushing for him @ 3 when everyone was hyping up Fields as the number 2 Qb. Looks like it's set in stone now... damn the Jets are going to give us problems with this kid being there. Pitts or Chase would make me feel a bit better!
No worries, it's the Jets...

@ Chris Grier

Attachments

• AF4F6CC1-305A-46EF-B965-15AF0F3E82EA.jpeg
    AF4F6CC1-305A-46EF-B965-15AF0F3E82EA.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 29
I know most will read this and say "well duh", but still thought it was an interesting part of his latest article. Seems more of a definitive statement than just speculation.

One of these 3 is exactly what I want and expect.

I'd prefer too that we trade UP from 18 after drafting Pitts at 6 and select whichever WR slides (I think it'll be Smith but would be ok with Waddle too)

If it isn't either of those 3, massive fail on trading back up. It's Smith or Pitts imo. Smith is the better prospect in my opinion.

I honestly think the top 12 will go

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones
4. Fields (to Denver)
5. Chase
6. Pitts
7. Waddle
8. Lance
9. Parsons (to ATL)
10. Horn
11. Sewell
12. Waddle

Time to trade with the Eagles again and grab that spot at 12 from 18. We need to unleash the monster of defending Pitts and Smith on the NFL for the next decade!

I think the Bengals almost have to take Sewell at 5, and if so, I hope we consider trading back to 8 or 9 if we can get value, because I suspect we would still get one of the guys we want.

It would be insane for the Bengals to pick a. Receiver over the best possible OL guy they can get to protect that QB coming off a serious injury. He took a beating last year and it wasn’t just one guy. They need at minimum 2 quality OL guys. That’s madness, IMO!

How do you explain that?

I'd love to see the Dolphins get aggressive and package their #18 and something else to move up and grab Parsons or Waddle. Dream scenario, we trade back to 8 or 9, still get a guy we wanted, then use 18 and whatever we got in that trade down to move back up to the 10-12 range and get another guy we wanted.

I've been on the Ja'Marr Chase bandwagon all along. I think he'll be there and I expect us to draft him. He's going to be an exceptional WR for a long time. Like all these times at Pro Days, we need to take those 40 numbers with a grain of salt. When Chase posted a 4.38, most GM's will view that as a 4.48 or thereabouts, which is about where they had him pegged previously. Don't expect Chase to replace Will Fuller as our primary deep threat, but he has enough speed to wreck defenses after the catch.

To me, the most eye popping numbers he posted were the 41" vertical and the 23 reps on the bench press! Those explosion and power numbers were fantastic. And when a kid is focusing on the 40, yet posts 23 reps on the bench press ... that shows he's extremely serious and likely to be a very good football player.

I think they're gonna go with Chase but it Has to be one of the two. They’ll Go get a lineman later

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom