Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6

Nope, Fuller is a one year borrow.
If we are lucky he play well, then its too expensive to keep him. Plus, his injury history is a big concern.

We need Waddle, or Smith, may be Pitts.
Once again you’re wrong. I’ll bet anything that if he stays out of trouble and produces like I think he will, we will resign him for 2-3 years.

“Though Fuller signed a one-year deal that could be worth $13.6 million, the Dolphins could have Fuller for two years and between $29 million and $32 million if they apply the franchise tag on him next March. Next year’s franchise receiver tag is projected to be $19 million, per overthecap.com.

If Fuller plays very well in 2021, the hope would be to sign him to a multiyear deal without a one-year cap hit at that $19 million level.

Fuller spoke last week of hoping for a long-term commitment from Miami or another team next offseason.”

If Atlanta's goal is to make one last run with Ryan, they don't intend to pick in the top 5 again. At Ryan's age why wouldn't they take this golden opportunity to get a top QB, Let him learn a year under Ryan, then step right in???

It would not surprise me if Atlanta chooses Surtain with the #4 pick.
I would be. That would probably not be a great management of the draft. Great prospect at a high-value position but they could still get him or another top corner in a trade-down. I'm actually not sure Surtain is an elite athlete in terms of top corners and although he hand-timed well at his pro-day, there's tape of him getting beat deep in college. Great size and length but not really an elite athlete. If you're picking him at 4 you're thinking he's really special.

If Atlanta doesn't take a QB at #4, I think a team like Denver might make sense or perhaps even Detroit in a trade down.

I would be. That would probably not be a great management of the draft. Great prospect at a high-value position but they could still get him or another top corner in a trade-down. I'm actually not sure Surtain is an elite athlete in terms of top corners and although he hand-timed well at his pro-day, there's tape of him getting beat deep in college. Great size and length but not really an elite athlete. If you're picking him at 4 you're thinking he's really special.

If Atlanta doesn't take a QB at #4, I think a team like Denver might make sense or perhaps even Detroit in a trade down.
True. Surtain is solid but not spectacular. High Floor but also lower Ceiling. Someone like Horn is more Boom but also bust.

If Atlanta's goal is to make one last run with Ryan, they don't intend to pick in the top 5 again. At Ryan's age why wouldn't they take this golden opportunity to get a top QB, Let him learn a year under Ryan, then step right in???
I tend to agree but I guess it cuts both ways, if they intend to make another run with Ryan then you might argue they draft a guy to help them now. But they have to weigh that against - like you said - the time to pick a QB is now, when you're top 5.

It's hard to know with these mocks. I mean, a couple of days ago Mac Jones was the hot topic as the guy the 49ers are targeting. I mean, are they really going to pick him over Justin Fields? If so, how does Atlanta pass on him?

I tend to agree but I guess it cuts both ways, if they intend to make another run with Ryan then you might argue they draft a guy to help them now. But they have to weigh that against - like you said - the time to pick a QB is now, when you're top 5.

It's hard to know with these mocks. I mean, a couple of days ago Mac Jones was the hot topic as the guy the 49ers are targeting. I mean, are they really going to pick him over Justin Fields? If so, how does Atlanta pass on him?
I doubt Atlanta takes a QB but I wouldn't care if they did..good!

If Fuller stays healthy he is only 27, draft Pitts and we might just sign Fuller to a long term deal, we have to look at what we are doing with Preston Williams and Parker is 27 or 28 so one of them might be the odd man out. They both basically play the same position, same attributes, measurables. Parker may cost more now but Williams will want more $. Tua seems to have a better rapport with Williams, should be interesting.

If Fuller stays healthy he is only 27, draft Pitts and we might just sign Fuller to a long term deal, we have to look at what we are doing with Preston Williams and Parker is 27 or 28 so one of them might be the odd man out. They both basically play the same position, same attributes, measurables. Parker may cost more now but Williams will want more $. Tua seems to have a better rapport with Williams, should be interesting.
:UP:

Terrence Marshall also ran a 4.38 at LSU's pro day. If we are 'forced' to pick Smith because the other two are gone, I would think Marshall becomes a second round target for the Phish.

Look at it this way, we can’t lose. We will come away with a Tua toy come April. And that is what matters.

If any of you try to tell me that you k.n.o.w. which one of these kids is going to turn out a star... We have NO way of knowing.

What we do undoubtedly know is that we will have our pick of elite talent. And that’s what really matters.

Back
Top Bottom