Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6

No way Pitts gets past Atlanta. They’re not moving on from Ryan yet and need a TE. Could you imagine Julio, Ridley and Pitts? Then the Bengals take Chase and we are left with Smith/Waddle. My guess is we go Smith. We could have had our pick of the top non QB selection of the draft at 3 - so hope this pans out..
To me the top 4 teams would probably be going QB, which in this case means that other teams will reach out to the Falcons to get a QB. If falcons don't want to get a QB and instead focus on needs (their secondary) they can take trade down and get extra assets and still get their pick. If they stick at 4 and get a non-QB that player has to be next HOF type. If they feel that Pitts is that then it's possible they go that route, however that will mean they will eventually have to look at QB in regards to replacing Matt Ryan, which is best to do when you have a top 4 pick in this year's draft! decisions, decisions...I bet their GM is flipping coins all day.

Sadly, I ageee with CIN taking CHASE ... since they can and likely will choose a T with their 2d pick and still be good .... makes perfect sense ... unfortunately ...

Which unless ATL surprises us and stays at 4 and goes with PITTS ... they can get a RB in RDs 2-4 most likely ... it is just hard to see them pass up a chance to steal from someone for the rights to FIELDS / LANCE @ 4 ... and really still get what they need ....

So, highly likely that pick 6 is PITTS, SMITH, or WADDLE ... and of those, I would take WADDLE ... unless I don’t want to pay GESICKI ...

It will be interesting to see. I definitely see a dominant hybrid do-it-all LB who is exceptional in much of the same way Patrick Willis was exceptional. For our system he would truly excel. But, I don't expect him to run a sub 4.6 if there were a Combine, and if he does at his Pro Day, I'll be suspect of that number. He's got some burst, but he's not explosive ... he's a big, broad guy with wide shoulders, wide hips, very good fluidity, and enough athleticism to be a pass rusher, pursuit LB, edge setter, and one of hte best coverage guys in the draft.

Love to see a bit of a trade down and still get him, but I wouldn't be upset if they snag him at 18.

No way Pitts gets past Atlanta. They’re not moving on from Ryan yet and need a TE. Could you imagine Julio, Ridley and Pitts? Then the Bengals take Chase and we are left with Smith/Waddle. My guess is we go Smith. We could have had our pick of the top non QB selection of the draft at 3 - so hope this pans out..
It would be such an Atlanta move for them to draft Pitts. One thing Atlanta has had for the past decade or two is receiving options and we've seen how far that takes them...

Back
Top Bottom