Armando: Miami Dolphins’ Jeff Ireland must find a star in draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Miami Dolphins’ Jeff Ireland must find a star in draft

1. Ireland has passed up very good players in the draft in favor of mediocre ones.
2. He has overpaid for players that underperform after signing.
3. He has not been effective at resigning important players to reasonable contracts.

Those 3 things are my biggest criticisms about him. He seems to do better on defense then offense but not by a large margin. Ryan Tannehill is still unproven in my eyes but either way it turns out, I only credit him with being smart enough or foolish enough to listen to Sherman about him. I think its hard to dispute that Shermans oppinion on RT was most likely the biggest determing factor in them drafting him.

In this draft we have enough ammunition to come out with 1 or 2 elite players, but we will find out if Ireland has done his homework in the first 3 rounds.

Zero confidence that Ireland finally "nails it".

Dude has a demonstrated history of over paying for mediocrity and passing up on excellence.

Amazing. Just amazing. Armando suggests drafting a high quality player and people slam him for it. Outstanding. Lemme guess, we dont need playmakers, we have Hartline(!!!!).

This article was dead on. It praises Irelands free agency grabs. It acknowledges he can sign talented players that other teams draft. But where is ours? Where are the players who score touchdowns? Where are the players who sack the quarterback? Where are players who intercept the football? Our drafts have been horrific, thats a fact. People need to accept that. 1 good draft and 4 bad ones doesnt equal brilliance. It leads to a 2007 type season. There are a variety of reasons why drafting well is essential in todays NFL, most of them are so obvious i really shouldnt have to list them. I especially shouldnt have to list them on a forum that is supposed to be sold on "building through the draft".

Those 3 things i listed arent just for great teams. Every team has to do it every single game. Its basic stuff. If Wake(free agent pickup) gets shut down or god forbid injured, our pass rush completely dies(and no, no-move Vernon cant be counted on yet). Wallace has another season like last season(plagued by hamstring like injuries), our wideouts are pedestrian. And even if those two things dont happen, we are still lacking at those positions. Our receivers werent set when Marshall was our number 1, it isnt set just because Wallace is our number 1.

We need someone who can make a difference. We need someone who can make other teams accountable for him every play. After half a decade, youd think wed have found one in the draft purely by accident. Then again, the way we have spent picks on lineman and second tier quarterbacks, its no wonder why weve missed on potentially good players. With 5 high picks and one in the top 12, it needs to happen this year. If it doesnt, we will continue to be a tough team, a team that opponents dont really want to play but one who is watching from their couch come January.

Top 3 picks - Tyler Eifert, Tank Carradine and Jamar Taylor. Boom, I just got us 3 future stars.
Sign Winston already to shore up RT and draft me some ****in playmakers early. We can draft another corner, a lineman or two and a runningback in rounds 3-5.

Amazing. Just amazing. Armando suggests drafting a high quality player and people slam him for it. Outstanding. Lemme guess, we dont need playmakers, we have Hartline(!!!!).

This article was dead on. It praises Irelands free agency grabs. It acknowledges he can sign talented players that other teams draft. But where is ours? Where are the players who score touchdowns? Where are the players who sack the quarterback? Where are players who intercept the football? Our drafts have been horrific, thats a fact. People need to accept that. 1 good draft and 4 bad ones doesnt equal brilliance. It leads to a 2007 type season. There are a variety of reasons why drafting well is essential in todays NFL, most of them are so obvious i really shouldnt have to list them. I especially shouldnt have to list them on a forum that is supposed to be sold on "building through the draft".

Those 3 things i listed arent just for great teams. Every team has to do it every single game. Its basic stuff. If Wake(free agent pickup) gets shut down or god forbid injured, our pass rush completely dies(and no, no-move Vernon cant be counted on yet). Wallace has another season like last season(plagued by hamstring like injuries), our wideouts are pedestrian. And even if those two things dont happen, we are still lacking at those positions. Our receivers werent set when Marshall was our number 1, it isnt set just because Wallace is our number 1.

We need someone who can make a difference. We need someone who can make other teams accountable for him every play. After half a decade, youd think wed have found one in the draft purely by accident. Then again, the way we have spent picks on lineman and second tier quarterbacks, its no wonder why weve missed on potentially good players. With 5 high picks and one in the top 12, it needs to happen this year. If it doesnt, we will continue to be a tough team, a team that opponents dont really want to play but one who is watching from their couch come January.

Well said!

Back
Top Bottom