Armando: players take on Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

The bloke doesn’t offer any insight ever.

Who is the best dolphins beat writer in terms of breaking stories and having a real connection with the team

Tried reading the article through thinking how Mando could twist the players words to his liking. That makes it more fun. I'm sure some of the players were frustrated Fitz missed the last game, he was one of the hype men on the sideline even when not playing.

Playing Allen and Mahomes every year is going to be tough, even if you have Allen or Mahomes.

Noone ever said that Tua had elite physical traits ever. He was supposedly drafted for his decision making and accuracy. Herbert was drafted for physical traits.

Its also fun to play the game of, "if this isnt bullshit, then who may the 3 players have been, 1 offense and 2 defense if i read correctly"

I think you'd have to eliminate the NE people that Flores brought in with him, the Van Noys, Karras, Grug Hills.

I would think you would eliminate rookies, because your looking for someone that had the rappaport with Fitz in 2019 too.

Someone bitching about competition is probably a fringe starter or looking to have their job replaced.

So I'm thinking a player in prob the 3-4 year range that is in jeopardy of losing their starting position, or is borderline starters.

Maybe a Jesse Davis on offense, possibly a Jerome Baker on D. then who knows, maybe like a davon godchaux too, who was sitting at home watching the games

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248464745.html

I wanted Tua over Herbert, to be clear. But, I'm also worried about what he showed us, or the lack thereof. I don't know what I would do, but I'll defer to Coach Flo. I trust that guy. And I did see flashes from Tua.

On one hand, its interesting to get that perspective. On the other, this crap leaking out doesn't do the team any favors. Bit tired of Armando's whining lately.

Does a few non-source quotes change anything? I would need to know more, but it concerns be a bit.
Just lately? Lol

Armando is not making it up. If he gave names the players wouldnt talk, because of fear of getting cut.
Whats the big surprise anyways? Who didnt feel the Ds had no chance against Buffalo without Fitz.
If everyone is to compete why not Tua?

The writing is on the wall.

No expert here, but I think Tua has the necessary skills (accuracy, mental acumen) to succeed if Grier manages to surround him with real talent. Let's be honest. Besides, Gesicki, the dude didn't have much of a supporting cast this year. We really don't have a number 1 receiver (Parker? Get outa here!). Nor a solid rushing attack (RB and OL are just okay). How is the guy going to make plays when our receivers can't consistently get open? Don't get me wrong, Fitzpatrick can work with a lackluster supporting cast like we have because the guy is smart as hell and has like a million years in the league, but a rookie QB? Doubtful. We had a decent season, and I think Flores is the real deal, but we need to pump the brakes on giving up on Tua. If, and I do mean, if, Grier can get some real talent in here to support Tua then we can give him a fair evaluation. Until then, we really won't know.

People are looking at Tua. I am looking at Grier.

Last edited:
Armando stirring the pot again with fake quotes by unnamed players of course. Probably made that entire story up.

As much as I can't stand Omar sometimes, he really doesn't begin to compare to Armando as a total POS.
Sad those are the main choices in Dolphin media circles. They both suck.

Armando is not making it up. If he gave names the players wouldnt talk, because of fear of getting cut.
Whats the big surprise anyways? Who didnt feel the Ds had no chance against Buffalo without Fitz.
If everyone is to compete why not Tua?

The writing is on the wall.
This.

We might criticize Mando for writing something obvious...but he isnt making this up. Everyone knows Tua wasn't good.

Grier obviously thinks he's going to improve (and there is a great chance he might)...but he was clearly not first round Franchise QB in 2020. No one thought he was good.

I agree that he wasn’t good.

as for why he’s the starter in 2021 if you even buy into anything Flores or Grier says (not sure why you would but anyways) he’s a top 5 pick they have to find out if he’s the guy...

if he’s not a head/heads should roll.

Very discouraging! You know there some truth to every rumor, maybe this was an audition for them to see what they have. It also plays into a theory I had, maybe they quit in Buffalo. Thought they had no shot once they got down without uncle Fitz to bail them out. I don’t care what anyone says about experience it’s flat out discouraging that Tua can’t hold off Fitz. There’s really nothing they can do. I don’t think Fields is it and they have no shot at TL regardlesss of all the hair brain trade schemes we’ll see here all offseason. We better hope Tua is the guy, fingers crossed, or we’ll be starting over again. It can’t be the offense we saw at the end of 2020 either. You won’t win big games consistently without your QB participating.

Gutless, bush league nonsense. If any of the players really feel this way, and it’s not Armando or other media types making $#!t up, then put your freaking name behind it!

Don’t hide behind “coach doesn’t want us to say anything crap” because if that’s the case — DON’T SAY ANYTHING! Sounds like these supposed players can’t follow simple instructions. And are gutless cowards hiding behind anonymity.

Anybody still clinging to this “Fitz is better” nonsense surely chooses to ignore a 15 season sample size of good and — mostly — bad. How convenient.

And let’s not also forget that no team Fitz has started for has EVER qualified for the postseason. Including this current Dolphins team. If MIA manages to qualify next season, I‘m fairly confident Fitz won’t be part of that team.

If we’re only judging from current season — then the pro-Fitz is better crowd also chooses to forget how awful he was against NE (a team Tua later helped defeat) or against Seattle (settling for countless FG’s) or the braindead throw against DEN to end that comeback.

In summary, no NFL team has ever been better with Fitzpatrick behind center for an entire season or most of it. This isn’t opinion. It’s backed by factual data. 17 games under .500 as a starter, no playoff appearances, and 8 teams in 16 seasons.

The guy being fiery and managing to have a hot hand for a handful of games doesn’t make him better. It’s the majority of games in a season when he doesn’t have the hot hand that kills everything.

Why some people can’t seem to recognize this despite the overwhelming evidence is baffling.

Even in 2020 — where Fitz supposedly played out of his mind — it‘s curious to note that Tua‘s record as a starter was better (despite how awful he supposedly was). And 3 of the 4 wins MIA mustered under Fitz were against JAX and NYJ. But, yeah sure, Fitz is better.

Unbelievable.
You’re not wrong. Fitz is the perfect late game guy you bring in when you’re down and need a risk taker. But as you pointed out, the “highlights” work both ways. Those costly INTs define his career.

I’m guessing not too many teammates back in the day were glowing about Brady and Brees and their “elite physical traits” either. Look, with an off-season of training he’ll be better physically and he’s going to improve. His arm looked plenty fine to me on that deep call he put right in Grant’s hands that should’ve gone for a 91 yard TD that you know...he dropped.

It’s funny watching the playoffs and the top QBs and how few of their passes are related to having a great arm. It’s timing, ball placement and reads. Any supreme zip is a bonus. Neither Brady nor Brees have it and they’re playing over 40.

Back
Top Bottom