Armando: players take on Tua | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

oh..I agree...and i love that style of power football.....only thing is ..you have stay ahead of the sticks.....get behind early....that's when Thill's warts show...
He's in a perfect offense for him..and I'm happy for him..

Absolutely! Notice once Baltimore was able to slow/stop D.Henry and asked Tenn to beat them with the passing game. They couldn't! It's one of the problems with team that play ball controlled offense. You have to be able to end drives with scores and slow/stop the other team from scoring(See Colt vs. Bills).

You gotta be varied and multpile in the NFL. If you can only be one then, imo, better to be an explosive offense.

Yep, and when I said that all year long people trashed me for doubting Tua. Now that the season is over I think people have begun to realize it was true and I was being supportive of Tua. When his velocity returns he's still not going to be a strong-armed QB--he will still be in the bottom half (probably bottom-third) of the NFL in terms of velocity. But, when his pop returns, he stands a better chance of throwing those intermediate throws over the middle that he couldn't really throw this year.
Tight windows to throw into was by far a bigger factor than velocity

Count me as being in the camp that's Overjoyed that Tua played this year.
You cant fake or simulate that 'speed of the game' stuff. Plus, Tua learned a lot about division and conference rivals and wiped the smarmy countenance off of the kid from Arizona's face. F that guy!

Also, after seeing how many years Marino made the playoffs with a team far inferior to the eventual conference champs or SB winner, I truly value the difference between 'playoff team' and 'SB contender'. It's a pretty vast difference for most teams in most years.
Losing in week 17 vs week 18 meant nothing to me. It sucks for the players not getting another game check but 'not my problem'.
To paint a picture: Marino's best team in the 90s hosted the AFC Championship Game and still caught a beating from a Bills team that handled the Cowboys like the Polish cavalry handed the German blitzkrieg.

2 years later, we lost in the divisional round because we couldn't run the ball or stop the run well enough...as usual.
Then the Chargers handled the Niners like Saddam Hussein's army handled Operation Desert Storm...or how the US handled the TET Offensive.

You're either contending for the Super Bowl or youre beating off.

How many games did Tua throw for under 100 yards this season after being regarded as maybe the best college QB to ever play? Lol.
Yawwwwds!!! We want Yawwwwds!
Tannehill had 5 games with a rating of 50 or lower his rookie year... Come the **** on man! Get rid of those pom poms FFS...

What's the right thing at #3? I doubt Herbert this year or any rookie next year could do much with our so-called skilled players surrounding him. We all are frustrated with how we ended the season, but the Bills are clearly the superior team who have a GM who knows talent. Our guys, eh, not so much.
The Bills were just on a different timeline. They got their QB 2 years prior and were polishing the diamond last offseason. They will likely fall apart sooner because of cap casualties and so on. Most teams have 'windows of contention' because the NFL doesnt fix their games like they did with New England for almost 2 decades.

I strongly doubt Fitz wins that game.
Tua's running and escapability were amazing and it sucks that, for whatever reason, he seldom showed that again this year.
Lets say fitz loses the Arizona game. I bet he wins the Broncos game.

A wash....

Tannehill had 5 games with a rating of 50 or lower his rookie year... Come the **** on man! Get rid of those pom poms FFS...
It is not the yards that concern me and I suspect a few others. He just didn't show anything that made him special, his arm is truly lackluster, he is small and slower than someone of his stature should be in the NFL.

We will see after a year of conditioning, but I think his ceiling is Pennington at the moment (perhaps that will be enough).

Finheaven posters hearing that Tua doubters aren't only on Finheaven.
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

giphy.gif

RT vs Tua is Irrelevant. What matters is the offense functioned better with Fitz than it did with Tua, the stats back that up. Tannehill and many other QBs have a lot more physical talent than Tua so even when they struggle when they’re young it is usually CORRECTABLE with time. Since Tua lacks physical talent he needs to excel at things like accuracy, reading defenses, etc. He was SUPPOSED to be elite at these things which he certainly was not his rookie season. If he continues to be the dink and dunk QB he was in 2020 with his lack of physical talent, he’s not going to last long as a starter in this league let alone a franchise QB. The pressure is on Tua BIG TIME in 2021 whether y’all can see it/admit it or not.

It is not the yards that concern me and I suspect a few others. He just didn't show anything that made him special, his arm is truly lackluster, he is small and slower than someone of his stature should be in the NFL.

We will see after a year of conditioning, but I think his ceiling is Pennington at the moment (perhaps that will be enough).
I agree. But when Fitz is something like 7th in the league in YPA and Tua is something like 31st, that’s kind of alarming...

This whole Tua vs. non-Tua crowd thing is getting old. I'm not a fan of Tua. Wasn't at Bama, not with us. I don't like his skill set. With that said, he's our quarterback for the time and I will root for him. It benefits our team for him to be good. Sounds like he's our QB next year, so he's got a lot of work to do.

This article probably rings true for many on the team. He was not good this year. There's no amount of excuses that change that. It's not Armando's fault or job to please Tua lovers. To say that players have to say their name in an article is dumb too. These guys are fighting for jobs. They don't have guarantees. If they are fringe guys, I wouldn't share my name either. If they don't agree with him being handed the job, so be it. It's not changing Brian Flores's mind. Haha.

Lastly, I'm not sure why Tua's backers are so passionate in defending the way he played this year. It was okay at times, not good much of the time, didn't improve and even regressed in many areas. That's okay! I'm just not sure why everyone takes it so personally. It's okay to assess a player, and even criticize him, except Tua. You are not less of a fan for this as some suggest. For some reason, this guy is a polarizing figure that brings out the worst in everyone's posting, myself included.

This whole Tua vs. non-Tua crowd thing is getting old. I'm not a fan of Tua. Wasn't at Bama, not with us. I don't like his skill set. With that said, he's our quarterback for the time and I will root for him. It benefits our team for him to be good. Sounds like he's our QB next year, so he's got a lot of work to do.

This article probably rings true for many on the team. He was not good this year. There's no amount of excuses that change that. It's not Armando's fault or job to please Tua lovers. To say that players have to say their name in an article is dumb too. These guys are fighting for jobs. They don't have guarantees. If they are fringe guys, I wouldn't share my name either. If they don't agree with him being handed the job, so be it. It's not changing Brian Flores's mind. Haha.

Lastly, I'm not sure why Tua's backers are so passionate in defending the way he played this year. It was okay at times, not good much of the time, didn't improve and even regressed in many areas. That's okay! I'm just not sure why everyone takes it so personally. It's okay to assess a player, and even criticize him, except Tua. You are not less of a fan for this as some suggest. For some reason, this guy is a polarizing figure that brings out the worst in everyone's posting, myself included.
It’s not Tua it’s the position. QB is practically a political position in the NFL it’s so important...

Yeah exceptional footwork, displaying pocket awareness as a rookie, the ability to throw into tight windows, the ability to go through progressions and accuracy are so not special, dunno what folks are thinking about. !! SMH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom