Armando: players take on Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

For those down on Tua I would challenge you with this: Can you recall even ONE play last year where a Miami receiver caught the ball and made significant yards after the catch? Now, watch the playoff teams and see how often it happens in just one game. Tough ask of a rookie.

I agree that he wasn’t good.

as for why he’s the starter in 2021 if you even buy into anything Flores or Grier says (not sure why you would but anyways) he’s a top 5 pick they have to find out if he’s the guy...

if he’s not a head/heads should roll.
That's contingent on the decision making process that delivered Tua and not Herbert. Lot's of folks believe Ross was the driving force and I agree. Ross loves the brand name and had attended 'bama games himself to watch Tua. That would also explain the way the Fitz situation went down and how easily Flo pulled Tua when he was stinking the place up. Ross wanted the kid on the field. Of course Grier and Flo aren't going to come out a just say "hey we wanted Herbert but Ross wanted Tua." Not gonna happen.

Last edited:
That's contingent of the decision making process that delivered Tua and not Herbert. Lot's of folks believe Ross was the driving force and I agree. Ross loves the brand name and had attended 'bama games himself to watch Tua. That would also explain the way the Fitz situation went down and how easily Flo pulled Tua when he was stinking the place up. Ross wanted the kid on the field. Of course Grier and Flo aren't going to come out a just say "hey we wanted Herbert but Ross wanted Tua." Not gonna happen.

this is about as much conspiracy theory as they pulled the play call duties from Gailey at the half

if tua fails in Miami (key words in Miami) and a head doesn’t roll I might put some weight in it. I mean Miami does wierd **** at times. Top pick QBs that fail should get folks pink slips

These quotes are totally believable based on the accuracy of what is being stated. And I think there's a lot more "discomfort" regarding this subject on the team than folks realize. Players KNOW what it takes to compete and win. They know as much as anyone. And they see as much as anyone. The good news IMO is we have a gift pick that we can use to address the problem.

One defensive player said he isn’t impressed with Tagovailoa’s ball velocity or arm strength or ability to make off-schedule plays with his legs. So he ultimately questions whether Tagovailoa will ever be able to match the feats of other quarterbacks in the AFC such as Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson.

“Those are the boys we got to beat, right?” this player said. “It looks right now like that’s going to be a big challenge.”

“It’s competition at every position, so yeah,” Grier said about adding the quarterback spot to that thinking. “But I also want to be clear that Tua is our starter and we’re very happy with his development so far.”

Said one player: “I don’t know, man, that’s like a puzzle right there.”

Very discouraging! You know there some truth to every rumor, maybe this was an audition for them to see what they have. It also plays into a theory I had, maybe they quit in Buffalo. Thought they had no shot once they got down without uncle Fitz to bail them out. I don’t care what anyone says about experience it’s flat out discouraging that Tua can’t hold off Fitz. There’s really nothing they can do. I don’t think Fields is it and they have no shot at TL regardlesss of all the hair brain trade schemes we’ll see here all offseason. We better hope Tua is the guy, fingers crossed, or we’ll be starting over again. It can’t be the offense we saw at the end of 2020 either. You won’t win big games consistently without your QB participating.
The problem is perception. People see Fitz as a bottom of the league type QB but he isnt. He is a top 15 starter -14th in Any/a this year. His 6.85 Any/a was the best dolphin performance since Pennington in 2008 and you would have to go back to Marino in 87 to find the next best year to beat that. So people think Tua should look better than he does because they think Fitz is “garbage”.
I think Grier and Flores will look back and see what a lost opportunity this was by playing Tua.

this is about as much conspiracy theory as they pulled the play call duties from Gailey at the half

if tua fails in Miami (key words in Miami) and a head doesn’t roll I might put some weight in it. I mean Miami does wierd **** at times. QBs that fail should get folks pink slips
No conspiracy whatsoever. You don't think Ross was involved in that decision? To me that would be a "conspiracy theory." But if he wasn't involved then I 100% agree there's responsibility elsewhere. I'm 100% sure Ross is fully aware of how the decision was made so time will tell..

Armando is not making it up. If he gave names the players wouldnt talk, because of fear of getting cut.
Whats the big surprise anyways? Who didnt feel the Ds had no chance against Buffalo without Fitz.
If everyone is to compete why not Tua?

The writing is on the wall.
The Dolphins had no chance against the Bills with or without Fitz. The Bills offense did whatever they wanted to do against the Dolphins defense and the last time I checked, Fitzpatrick doesn’t play defense. Blaming the loss to the Bills on Tua is nonsense. There wasn’t a single player on the Dolphins who played well in the loss to the Bills and Marino in his prime would have still seen the Bills easily win that game.

The problem is perception. People see Fitz as a bottom of the league type QB but he isnt. He is a top 15 starter -14th in Any/a this year. His 6.85 Any/a was the best dolphin performance since Pennington in 2008 and you would have to go back to Marino in 87 to find the next best year to beat that. So people think Tua should look better than he does because they think Fitz is “garbage”.
I think Grier and Flores will look back and see what a lost opportunity this was by playing Tua.
I agree with you and my posts are about people’s perception. Folks act like Fitz is the worst QB to ever put on a helmet than make excuses as to why he does anything good. It’s actually amazing. People will go throw by throw and make excuses as to why it worked, but believe it shouldn’t have. It’s actually some of the most ridiculous stuff I’ve seen on here.

Example: Tua throws through Denzel Perrymans hands and gets a completion. Great throw and accuracy!

Fitz goes just over the LB for a big completion to Gesicki (Denver), that should have been picked.

I mean what are we doing here?

I do believe tbe quotes are real. I don’t believe it much matters right now.

I also don’t believe guys that play other positions really know what a QBs ask/execution is. Especially defenders.

like for none of them to talk about the fact that the scheme on o was out of a coloring book with tua doesn’t add much credibility. Or how easy it was for defenses to figure it out. If Miami thinks teams are not gonna be prepared for that same crap from the get go in 2021 they got another thing coming. I’m not talking about good defenses in talking about any defense. You better have some guys the defense has to account for gameplan wise. Even then you better change it up and evolve with not only the QBs ask and freedom but the route combos.

not one audible in 9 games is pretty telling. Neutering the qb. Hell I saw jalen hurts audible at the los with eagles in like start number 4. A start he was pulled for a guy with no nfl experience period in even week 17

For those down on Tua I would challenge you with this: Can you recall even ONE play last year where a Miami receiver caught the ball and made significant yards after the catch? Now, watch the playoff teams and see how often it happens in just one game. Tough ask of a rookie.
exactly.. our skill postitions were the WORST in the league.. tell me ONE team that you wouldn't trade their skill players for ours..

I do believe tbe quotes are real. I don’t believe it much matters right now.

I also don’t believe guys that play other positions really know what a QBs ask/execution is. Especially defenders.

like for none of them to talk about the fact that the scheme on o was out of a coloring book with tua doesn’t add much credibility. Or how easy it was for defenses to figure it out. If Miami thinks teams are not gonna be prepared for that same crap from the get go in 2021 they got another thing coming. I’m not talking about good defenses in talking about any defense. You better have some guys the defense has to account for gameplan wise. Even then you better change it up and evolve with not only the QBs ask and freedom but the route combos.

not one audible in 9 games is pretty telling. Neutering the qb. Hell I saw jalen hurts audible at the los with eagles in like start number 4. A start he was pulled for a guy with no nfl experience period in even week 17

a game the Eagles didn't play for anything but draft position though

Back
Top Bottom