Armando: players take on Tua | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

I just read on MSN that the Texans would want 3 first round picks plus three second round picks and an all pro player in any trade for Watson. The Dolphins, with all the holes they still have on the roster would be absolutely insane to go for that trade.
The only all pro player they have is Howard and he is the best player they have on defense. As the Texans proved this past season, if you have Watson as your QB and a bunch of mediocre players on the rest of the roster, you end up 4-12.

The Dolphins hopefully will stick with Tua and continue to build through the draft and not trade away their future for Watson.

The 3ypc guys made a great point on their pod (although they were criminally undervaluing the trade required for Watson), that Houston's new GM simply has to win this trade, he has to sell this to the fan base as him fleecing another organisation. They are absolutely right, if you put yourself in his shoes, he would be the GM that traded away Deshaun Watson, he will be out of a job in no time at all and unemployable if he didn't get a haul of picks that we've never seen before, and as importantly hit on those picks.

The 3ypc guys made a great point on their pod (although they were criminally undervaluing the trade required for Watson), that Houston's new GM simply has to win this trade, he has to sell this to the fan base as him fleecing another organisation. They are absolutely right, if you put yourself in his shoes, he would be the GM that traded away Deshaun Watson, he will be out of a job in no time at all and unemployable if he didn't get a haul of picks that we've never seen before, and as importantly hit on those picks.
I understand that the GM of the Texans would be under intense pressure if he trades Watson and doesn’t get as much as he can in return. I don’t care if some other team is stupid enough to trade 3 first round picks, three second round picks, plus a pro bowl player for Watson. I just don’t want the Dolphins to be the team that is that dumb.
I prefer Tua at QB while they keep building through the draft instead of trading for Watson, even though I agree Watson is a top 5 QB in the NFL. Yet the Texans were 4-12 this past season because they were weak in many areas of their team and having Watson as their QB didn’t overcome the rest of the holes on their team.

The Dolphins still have far too many holes to allow them to give up 6 total picks in the first two rounds and their top defensive player IMO.

Thats been my point all along... The fact the Fins just traded a LT(looking for a top 1 contract no less) and a 2nd to Houston makes this whole thing a PR nightmare... Lets say they do trade Watson to the Fins for Tua and 2x 1st rounders, they have to sell the idea of Tua vs Watson straight up... This is riot territory.

Lets say someone won the lotto 3 weeks ago and I just bought a lotto ticket... What type of response do I get if I go to the winner and try and trade for his prize for my lotto ticket? And keep in mind, this after screweing that guy out of 2 lotto tickets beforehand...

I know exactly what type of reponse Im getting... A big ass GFY! Pony up!

Most people base their opinions within the past, they say ¨tua is gonna be this and that¨ ¨Fitz is tragic and sometimes is magic¨ it´s childish, I think that most TUA supporters are the supporters of Alabama´s TUA and they don´t base their opinion in the actual reality. TUA struggled big time at NFL level and regressed since the Arizona game, only blind people didn´t see that, and certainly Flores and Grier know it. but there is no reason to think TUA will keep playing that way, I agree that with a full offseason and the return of Williams and others that opted out plus more talent he can be good.

But Grier and Flo must certainly bring good QB´s to camp to be ready because anything can happen and TUA is not the most durable QB, at the most important position you have to have insurance going forward.

More like 420 because if anyone thinks Tannehills rookie year was better than Tuas is higher than a mutha****in’ kite.

if anyone thinks tannehills defense played anywhere on the same planet as the Miami d did for tua they higher than a mutha****in’ kite

I see you’re still on that Tannehill trip. Same ole hoops.

im just not gonna let folks get away with that stuff. That d in 7 years combined never even got into the top 20 of anything. We were trash

sure never played like it I can tell ya that.

and I’m gonna disagree with any tua executed the qb ask as a rookie better than Tannehill did. That’s not what I saw on tape. But does it much matter going forward? No it doesn’t

im just not gonna let folks get away with that stuff. That d in 7 years combined never even got into the top 20 of anything. We were trash

sure never played like it I can tell ya that.

and I’m gonna disagree with any tua executed the qb ask as a rookie better than Tannehill did. That’s not what I saw on tape. But does it much matter going forward? No it doesn’t
They were 7 & 8 in points allowed first two years of tannehill

Lol Tannehill played worse because of his DEFENSE now.

Get me out of this offseason.

Lol Tannehill played worse because of his DEFENSE now.

Get me out of this offseason.

im only gonna say this once to you cause you are super slow

tannehill was never carried by his defense. Never ever.

the 2020 season for Miami was completely carried by that defense.

even tua was carried by that defense. That’s how they could call that nuetered offense and stay in games even though the offense was doing Jack squat lol... til the pressure burst the pipes

There is a Tannehill thread in the NFL forum

If you just want to mention him fine but lets not debate it here please guys

im only gonna say this once to you cause you are super slow

tannehill was never carried by his defense. Never ever.

the 2020 season for Miami was completely carried by that defense.

even tua was carried by that defense. That’s how they could call that nuetered offense and stay in games even though the offense was doing Jack squat lol... til the pressure burst the pipes
Whatever specious reasonings you've got to excuse why Tannehill was worse his rookie season, go for it.

Other people may fall for it, but don't try and double down further to me especially when that year the defense held teams under 21 points EIGHT times (only one less than this year) and in four of those games he threw for 156 yards or less.

Also spare me the "I'm smarter than you", "you're super slow" vibe because it's cringey, especially when you follow it up with that kind of drivel.

if anyone thinks tannehills defense played anywhere on the same planet as the Miami d did for tua they higher than a mutha****in’ kite
The Dolphins wouldn’t have won anymore games with Tannehill at QB and they still wouldn’t have made the playoffs this past season. Take Henry off the Titans and Tannehill would just be the same mediocre QB he was with the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom