Armando: players take on Tua | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

His Any/a his fir

doubtful. Once again Fitz any/a was 6.85 this year, Tuas was 5.4. That is the same number difference between Dan Marino and Scott Mitchell.

Fitzpatrick easily wins the denver game, might win the Chiefs game (since the defense got 4 turnovers), Bills game would be different also.

And yes the goal is to make the playoffs. No guarantee that they lose the first round, but even if they did 1st round loss >>>>>not making the playoffs.
Agree to disagree. When your starting QB is a 38 yr-old journeyman and your roster is clearly not SB-contender, developing your highly-drafted rookie QB is bloody important.

A fully healthy D Parker is definitely a #1 WR....but the dude always seems to be less than 100%.
Still, if you dont think the dude Destroying the Patriots in Week 17 of 2019 season is not a #1, youre nuts.
He might not be a top 10 #1 WR.
What is that? One game or so? To me, that is not a #1 receiver. The guy is a tease. We need more consistent production. If we keep the guy on the team, fine. However, we need to seriously upgrade the position and take someone better if we can because Parker and the others are going to benefit. Ja Marr Chase or Devonta Smith would do the trick.

doubtful. Once again Fitz any/a was 6.85 this year, Tuas was 5.4. That is the same number difference between Dan Marino and Scott Mitchell.

Fitzpatrick easily wins the denver game, might win the Chiefs game (since the defense got 4 turnovers), Bills game would be different also.

And yes the goal is to make the playoffs. No guarantee that they lose the first round, but even if they did 1st round loss >>>>>not making the playoffs.
Also, nobody made Fitz throw the game-losing Int vs Denver, and vs good D and tough circumstances he wouldve thrown more had he played more full games.
We'rent most of us happy that Tua started vs the Rams cuz Fitz sucked in the second half of the first Jets game?
We went from being like 'The Dolphins offense is limited with Fitz' to 'the Dolphins offense is limited with Tua' when the clear answer was
'The offense is limited', full stop.

So your argument is that if we ignore reality and pretend that he did not achieve ridiculous amounts of success in D1 in an extremely competitive program but that he was a completely different person, that we wouldn't be evaluating him the same?

I mean I suppose you are correct. Then again if a cow were really a bull my opinion of milk would be dramatically different. Thank god thats not reality.
😅🤣😂 Reminds me of the movie 'Kingpin'.

Tua simply wasn’t impressive this season, he needs to improve. Doesn’t surprise me that some players wanted Fitz, he was clearly the better QB this season if you chose not to bury your head in the sand and be objective. Y’all can defend him or criticize him all u want, none of it matters. If he doesn’t improve his play significantly next season heads will start to roll, and eventually Tua’s. This is the not for long league in case y’all forgot.

WTH is playing too small? If he looked slow, or was fearful to climb or escape the pocket for multiple first downs and TD's I'd agree, but that wasn't the case. He did a great job in that area most of the time. Probably held the ball for too long at times if I'm being honest...and that doesn't say small at all.

As far as arm strength I'd agree it looked a little slower than at Bama. The kid just had major hip surgery and had rehab, not training this past offseason. Looking back, not to expect some rust was definitely wrong of fans. But to think that his arm and overall body strength won't improve this offseason, yet Zach Wilson's arm will, is crazy talk. IMO all of Tua's physical attributes are going to improve this offseason. He's proven if you tell him to improve at something he will do everything in his power to do it. See Dilfer's QB camp.

I guess you don't remember Minshew Mania? That kid did nothing but grow a sweet stach, lose games and the media lined up to gobble his balls.
The last paragraph here is GOLD!!

Tua had the worst WRs in the NFL. Parker ranked dead last in creating speciation on routes, Preston was 5th to last according to PFF.

Tua had no training camp, had no off-season, couldn't lift bc he was rehabbing from injury.

Tua had below average arm strength, deep balls were non existent. Tua didn't look like he was fast, hes not strong so power running is out of the question.

Tua had Ridley, Ruggs, Juedy, Waddle and Smith in College. Versus the worst WR group in the NFL.

These are all simple facts. Tua might gain arm strength with a normal off-season and lifting, he might get better at the deep ball. The Dolphins might add a bunch of new weapons and Tua might look like a probowler. These things might happen.

Watson is everything we hope Tua can be and is only 25 years old. We might be okay with Tua but its silly to not aquire Watson if given the chance.

I feel bad for Tua. Honestly had Herbert not existed this year Tuas rookie year would be looked at in a totally different light. He got benched a couple times, now this happens. I like Tua the person and I feel bad for the kid.

Tua simply wasn’t impressive this season, he needs to improve. Doesn’t surprise me that some players wanted Fitz, he was clearly the better QB this season if you chose not to bury your head in the sand and be objective. Y’all can defend him or criticize him all u want, none of it matters. If he doesn’t improve his play significantly next season heads will start to roll, this is the not for long league.

Lol coming from a TannDan17 poster? How long did it take Tannehill to impress?

Did he not set the all time Miami Dolphins record for passing yards in his first 4 seasons (more than DAN THE MAN)? He’s a real franchise QB finheaven, y’all were wrong. Deal with it or not, I don’t care.

Did he not set the all time Miami Dolphins record for passing yards in his first 4 seasons? He’s a real franchise QB finheaven, deal with it.

4 seasons? Yet you want to get rid of Tua after 9 games.

Hmmm!!!....think everyone is still waiting on Thill....everyone should know by now...

Back
Top Bottom