Armando: players take on Tua | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

If the Arizona game was the last game of the season people would be talking about how we are going to the Super Bowl with Tua next year.

Get him some weapons and see how next year plays out.

I wonder why the Tua crowd is so set in wanting NO competition for him?
Even to the point of getting rid of Fitz, because it would bother their man.

I personally don't think competition is bad however I do have a problem when:
1. the competition is in the form of a QB who has no long-term future with the franchise;
2. the competition comes by way of the use of a resource (high draft pick) that can and should be used on greater areas of need.

Watson is an exception as he is clearly superior to Tua, at this point, and is young enough to have a long career with the Dolphins which would more than make up for any potential long-term improvement and achievement on Tua's end with another team

I see your point. It's possible that we may not have an opportunity to have a top 5 pick in some time. However, I would rather surround Tua with better talent this year, give them time to gel, and then see what we have. That said, I would take a late-round flyer on a super athletic type who could run.
We have another first, 2 seconds, and a 3rd to surround both QBs with talent.

We have another first, 2 seconds, and a 3rd to surround both QBs with talent.
I don't know how Wilson or Fields stack up against Tua, so I won't try and BS you. The so-called pundits will soon be evaluating that and enlightening us with their wisdom. As it stands now, I believe we will benefit more by going with a top 5 non-quarterback.

I don't mind having competition for Tua, I would prefer a young QB who hasn't reached his ceiling.

When Fitz starts a game it does nothing for me in terms of excitement. He may win us some games but I know he will never lead us to the promise land. I want someone who gives us hope and has potential to grow and get better.

Yeah keep propogating your nonsense dude. Watch the tape without the agenda you clearly have, all of those things are evident in Tua's game. But if you don't see it I don't know what to tell you, because it's clearly never going to change your mind. Again watch the tape and come back with some examples that back up your points here.
Holy ****, nonsense? Dude, this is my point. I'm not the one blinded at all. I've made it very clear, I'm not a fan of his skill set but as long as he's our QB, my hope is he gets us to the promised land.

I give you a fact based argument laying out things I think he's done well and poorly based off of a generalized post where you just say he's great at everything. That's called nonsense? It seems the every expert that saw him play agrees with my assessment. Every color man is wrong? It's just those grown men on finheaven that spent 99 on the jersey of a 22 year old kid that are in the know apparently. Come on man. Have objectivity.

We're both in agreement over needing a 1st round WR, so our diff of opinion on Parker is meaningless.
😆😂
To me, it's never meaningless to have a discussion. I don't and will never claim to know all the answers. I am willing to talk about things and if I don't agree, I am willing to agree to disagree. :cool:

These arguments remind me of the political debates, where two sides put on blinders to an extent where they only see actions which justify their preconceptions.

Tua completed some beautiful passes on the run....best pass I think I've seen him throw was a designed rollout where he hit Gesicki at the second level with a perfectly thrown ball.

Its not a shock to me that a reporter found someone willing to talk a little trash about the rookie QB. We heard similar little snippets come from teammates of Mahomes, Rodgers, Rivers and I'm sure plenty of others. Those are just the ones that come to mind. Anytime you have a hyped rookie come in that's clearly inferior to the veteran on the roster there are going to be some vets rolling their eyes. Tua seems like someone that people rally around and if his performance on the field starts to mesh with the expectations I'm sure we'll have heard the last of this petty sniping.
I don't disagree with you on the politicians. Everyone wants to be right. Haha. I'm laying out an unbiased assessment of what I saw. Again, it only benefits my team for him to be great. He did some things well at times.

When you talk about throwing on the run, you gave one example but go look at the tape. It was not good overall. I think they should have given him more designed roll outs. I'm talking about throwing the ball when escaping as well. This is where he is atrocious. When he gets pressured and is forced to throw on the run, it's almost hard to watch. This needs to be a major area of improvement. This is where the greats, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes excel. Making a great play out of a bad one.

I don't think the locker room division was like this with the others because the skill level was unquestioned with the guys you mentioned. I'm going to be fair in that they got time to sit before they played. See, I can be fair. Haha.

If the Arizona game was the last game of the season people would be talking about how we are going to the Super Bowl with Tua next year.

Get him some weapons and see how next year plays out.
Fun fact: The Arizona game was also the last game that we had Preston Williams. It's almost as if weapons help make a QB look better...

Hard concept for people to grasp.

He shouldn't have competition because he is the QB your franchise is supposed to be building around. Instead of using those assets to acquire competition, they should be used to help the QB and entire team succeed. All you are doing by drafting a QB at 3 in ceasing to fill a legit hole. Need I remind you Fields and Wilson will have nowhere near the draft grade or professional ceiling from any legit scout as Tua. They are being pushed up the board because TV loves QB's...and mostly hates Miami. Fields' game against Bama and Wilson's game against Coastal Carolina should tell you all you need to know about them succeeding against legit D's that have nowhere near the talent of an NFL D. LOL at thinking they would actually beat Tua in a QB competition.

Fitz has no future with the Fins. I know you thought he was going to rewrite his entire history as a sub .500 backup Qb and take the Fins to the SB this year, but that wasn't happening. Better to bring in a young QB, who you draft in the mid to late rounds, that you can groom with Tua.

The article doesn’t pull up for me. Can someone summarize?
SURE!!!

They said Tagovailoa didn't look impressive in training camp and they doubted he'd be ready to play at all in 2020. The announcement he was starting after seven games caught many "totally off guard."

• Salguero was told the players all like Tagovailoa, that he's "humble" and "quiet" and "a competitor." But aside from his accuracy, one defensive player said he didn't see a standout trait and doubted Tagovailoa's arm strength and playmaking ability on the move, especially compared to others like Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen: "Those are the boys we got to beat, right? It looks right now like that's going to be a big challenge."

• One offensive player said the general consensus is that Ryan Fitzpatrick was the better option for the team at quarterback in 2020: "We always think next man up no matter what. But I saw Tua as the next man up because Fitz was better."

SURE!!!

They said Tagovailoa didn't look impressive in training camp and they doubted he'd be ready to play at all in 2020. The announcement he was starting after seven games caught many "totally off guard."

• Salguero was told the players all like Tagovailoa, that he's "humble" and "quiet" and "a competitor." But aside from his accuracy, one defensive player said he didn't see a standout trait and doubted Tagovailoa's arm strength and playmaking ability on the move, especially compared to others like Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen: "Those are the boys we got to beat, right? It looks right now like that's going to be a big challenge."

• One offensive player said the general consensus is that Ryan Fitzpatrick was the better option for the team at quarterback in 2020: "We always think next man up no matter what. But I saw Tua as the next man up because Fitz was better."

First quote is an idiot! You play defense and you're complaining about offense? How about you do something on the defensive side besides give up TDs and let Allen run like he's Barry Sanders. Shameful! Shut your mouth and actually do something.

Second quote is understandable. But you're going nowhere with Fitz...nowhere! Had Fitz continued to play "maybe" we would have gotten into the playoffs to be one and done. Let's consider Tua didn't play this season at all? Now what? The Dolphins pay Fitz $10 to be the starter again for next season? Wash repeat?

Starting Tua this season was the best the staff could have done headed into next season.

Back
Top Bottom