Armando: players take on Tua | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

I'm quite happy with Tua. Truly not worried about our QB situation. Tua is a very talented player. No reason to give up on the best qb we've had since Marino, after a winning season.. I did want Tua over Herbert, whom which I'm still not sold on. Once Tua's playbook has third level deep routes, we will see the "unlocked" Tua.

Armando and Omar Kelly are the only two people I've never liked as our beat writers. Their ridiculously full of themselves and sadistic. Dolphins need to refresh that sector of the organization.

CJ
What in the world have you seen from tua that puts him in the same breath as dan marino? Tanny played better than tua his 1st year starting, by far so you may need to amend your statement and say tua is the best qb since ryan tannyhill.

I am pretty sure i have figured out why Chan went back to shuffleboard and golf. He came here thinking he would be working with fitz this season and tua was not playing until next year. Well, ross tells grier i dont care what chan thought i want my big name rookie on the field pronto!!! And grier told flo what was up and flo announced tua as starter. Fitz thought it was HIS team this year and said "thats what i was led to believe". So, after tua started pooing the bed and then flo and grier saying tua is our guy in 2021 chan wasnt going to see his last hurah turn to mud trying to make tua into something he isnt and he resigned.

Chan didnt unretire just to have something to do for the year. But he saw what the players all saw in practice and most games how far tua is away from becoming an nfl qb (if he ever will) and decided i am out. I am not letting the finz brass hang a losing horse on me. And off he went. Had chan had fitz all season and/or been told fitz would be here next year and if tua wasnt ready he would have fitz again, chan would have stayed.

They better make that deal for watson before billichek does.

Interesting considering Allen was "just OK" in his 2nd season also. Not to mention he already had more weapons, same OC, didn't come off a major surgery, and had 2 full offseasons under his belt.

But Tua gets a "I'll be fine looking elsewhere?"
That’s your opinion Allen was “just OK”. 20 TDs, 9 INTs, 510 yards and 9 TDs on the ground while going 10-6 and making the playoffs.

Tua does that? I’m all for it.

That’s your opinion Allen was “just OK”. 20 TDs, 9 INTs, 510 yards and 9 TDs on the ground while going 10-6 and making the playoffs.

Tua just got us to 10-6 and 11 td and 5 picks in 7 less games. But okay.

He was still only responsible for about 225 yards a game on 58% completion. His rushing boosted him up, but he was still subpar as a passer for sure.

I wonder why the Tua crowd is so set in wanting NO competition for him?
Even to the point of getting rid of Fitz, because it would bother their man.
Not bringing Fitzpatrick back should have nothing to do with not wanting competition for Tua. If Fitzpatrick decides to play football in 2021 it's going to at least command a one-year $8 million deal, we're going to pay that for a potential backup,or a guy with no prolonged future on this team, give me a break. I don't give a s*** if you freaking hate Tua, when we signed Fitzpatrick to 2-year deal he was our quarterback then, and now we're going to pay a backup/stop gap an annual salary that may be the equivalent to paying the likes of an Aaron Jones from the Packers at running back, give me a damn break.

So you want the Qb to play like a running back? If that’s your criteria then there’s a lot of QBs that are and aren’t in the HOF that you won’t like and some like RG3 you must be crazy about.

So you want the Qb to play like a running back? If that’s your criteria then there’s a lot of QBs that are and aren’t in the HOF that you won’t like and some like RG3 you must be crazy about.
QBs in today’s game are better runners than they ever have been before. I wouldn’t say I want Tua to run but if he can it helps. He did have 3 scores on the ground so that’s decent.

Griffin couldn’t throw so no.

QBs in today’s game are better runners than they ever have been before. I wouldn’t say I want Tua to run but if he can it helps. He did have 3 scores on the ground so that’s decent.

Griffin literally lead the league in passer rating and multiple other passing categories before he got hurt and was never the same.

Any more other weird "opinions" you have?

You go out and draft your running QB. I'll still stick with my QB that can play from the pocket...By the way when was the last time a running QB won a SB?

I personally don't think competition is bad however I do have a problem when:
1. the competition is in the form of a QB who has no long-term future with the franchise;
2. the competition comes by way of the use of a resource (high draft pick) that can and should be used on greater areas of need.

Watson is an exception as he is clearly superior to Tua, at this point, and is young enough to have a long career with the Dolphins which would more than make up for any potential long-term improvement and achievement on Tua's end with another team
Don’t want Watson but the statement above that is true

Holy ****, nonsense? Dude, this is my point. I'm not the one blinded at all. I've made it very clear, I'm not a fan of his skill set but as long as he's our QB, my hope is he gets us to the promised land.

I give you a fact based argument laying out things I think he's done well and poorly based off of a generalized post where you just say he's great at everything. That's called nonsense? It seems the every expert that saw him play agrees with my assessment. Every color man is wrong? It's just those grown men on finheaven that spent 99 on the jersey of a 22 year old kid that are in the know apparently. Come on man. Have objectivity.
Tua threw and missed wide open skill players he was slow in his progressions and his Offensive play makers were better than 3/4 of the league

Tua didn’t need an off-season with first team reps with his savant skil players

Frankly Tua just wasn't good. Thats ok though. Their are factors that was beyond his control. As top draft pick he was supposed to overcome those. I am not down on him because i believe he wasn't ready to start and should have sat the whole year. Water under the bridge, he got valuable game experience. I expect him to ball out next season. Now if he sucks next year then...

Back
Top Bottom