Armando Salguero - Adding talent in the offseason won’t matter if the Dolphins don’t address this... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero - Adding talent in the offseason won’t matter if the Dolphins don’t address this...

Oh sure. Like the guys who got cut last year early in the year. Or when Ajayi was benched for the opener and left home. Or when Rey ****s off at the club and gets cut immediately after.

Not even close to being correct with your take.

And what does that have to do with Gase not commanding respect from the players? Do you think this would have happened under Don Shula? I don't think so!

Last edited:
And what does that have to do with Gase not commanding respect from the players? Do you think this would have happened under Don Shula? I don't think so!

Don Shula coached in a completely different time. The new CBA and the players union have essentially eliminated most forms of discipline. About the only recourse they have is benching, trading or cutting a player altogether. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe there is much else that can be done.

The problem is Gase doesn’t demand respect from the players. The players know they can get away with it without facing consequences. The same thing happened under Philbin.
100% disagree wit this post. Gase absolutely demands respect. He is no philbin. You either do your job or you gtfo. Problem is that someone has to play so he can’t get rid of everyone at once. This is the only reason I like Gase

That NE coach doesn't seem to have those issues with his players

Ozzy rules!!

He has enough Super Bowl wins that players will do whatever he asks, and NE has nowhere near the distractions that Miami has.

And what does that have to do with Gase not commanding respect from the players? Do you think this would have happened upder Don Shula? I don't think so!
100% disagree wit this post. Gase absolutely demands respect. He is no philbin. You either do your job or you gtfo. Problem is that someone has to play so he can’t get rid of everyone at once. This is the only reason I like Gase

Gase doesn't demand respect. If he did, this team wouldn't have had so many penalties. Do you think the players respected him when he brought in Cutler? I think not! And am I mistaken or did he let Timmons back on the team after his disappearing act right before the season opener?

Don Shula coached in a completely different time. The new CBA and the players union have essentially eliminated most forms of discipline. About the only recourse they have is benching, trading or cutting a player altogether. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe there is much else that can be done.
If they don't dress, do they miss a game check? Can he fine them under the CBA?

That's why you need to get rid of some players and bring in your kind of players. Talent alone doesn't win in the NFL

Ozzy rules!!

Right, exactly. Just like what he did with Ajayi.

People need to get a grip if you think Gase doesn't demand respect. He's only had two seasons here. Give the guy a break. He obviously gets a pass this season for the **** show that happened. People seem to quickly forget all the **** we had to deal with at the beginning of the season; losing Tannehill, losing McMillian, Hurricanes, No real bye week, having to play in London as a home game, countless other issues and injuries. He did the best he could with what he had. You can't do anything in this league without a good QB. Next season will be the true test for Gase. I still believe he is the right coach for us.

Gase doesn't demand respect. If he did, this team wouldn't have had so many penalties. Do you think the players respected him when he brought in Cutler? I think not! And am I mistaken or did he let Timmons back on the team after his disappearing act right before the season opener?
Do you honestly believe respect for your coach has anything to do with penalties? Lmfao! Gase wanted to cut Timmons but had no choice. They just signed a lb and there was nobody competent enough to replace him. Somebody has to play. And yes players respected signing cutler. They wouldn’t have respected him if he just rode with Matt Moore. That would have absolutely been a wasted season. At least Gase tried to salvage the season. Gase is more like a Shula/JJ than a Philbin. That still means nothing but don’t say that he doesn’t demand respect because that is your opinion and your opinion means nothing as well

If they don't dress, do they miss a game check? Can he fine them under the CBA?

Good questions. I assume it depends on how the individual player’s contract is written as to whether or not he will lose a check for not dressing. The fines I am not sure of.

You said players got away with “disrespecting the coach”. I don’t know even know what that means and it isn’t like you know anything about the players relationship with Gase.

But he’s shown his style by letting go of players who act up or act like d-bags. Disagreeing with that makes no sense.

Gase seems like a slow learner. Two years now the team is tops in penalties. I don't think they practice hard enough, and two years now, they've skipped the first half of games but still all players and coaches got their full paychecks. Ross is a CHUMP!

Gase seems like a slow learner. Two years now the team is tops in penalties. I don't think they practice hard enough, and two years now, they've skipped the first half of games but still all players and coaches got their full paychecks. Ross is a CHUMP!

I don’t think Gase is above reproach. The conditioning and intensity of practices is something I think is worthy of discussion. The accusations of players not respecting the coach or the coach being directly responsible for all the penalties is a bit over the top, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom