Armando Salguero "Jets are a mirage" great read | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero "Jets are a mirage" great read

Thats the only game he lost. He made plays when he had to. The Steelers running game was aging with Bettis (Parker came on the scene the following season) its nothing compared to what the Jets have. Big Ben torched the Eagles and Patriots in consecutive weeks...(Patriots & Eagles were in the Super Bowl that season) Furthermore he didn't go into training camp competing for the starting job...Maddox got hurt and he had to step in right away.

i don't often agree with armando, but without reading the article he is right

I don't think so Big Ben had a great rookie campaign. He won every game he started until the AFC Championship Game. I'm pretty sure he had 17 TDs and 10 INTs. Mark Sanchez was off to a pretty good start and then something went wrong. I think he played his best on MNF against us, but after that things got ugly. Sanchez has not won any games for the Jets this season in fact he's blown games with poor decision making and bad play. Big Ben actually won games for the Steelers and lead the team. Mark Sanchez is the least preasured QB in the league that means he has time to make plays but isn't. He also has the luxury of a good Rushing Offense and Good Defense. I'll give your defense all of the credit for carrying this team this far into the playoffs along with some breaks that have gone your way (missed field goals in both games) as well as Shonn Greene (he deserves all of the rookie superstar gamebreaker accolades not Sanchez.) The plays Sanchez is making are simple completed passes. In that San Diego game the only time he got into the Red Zone was because of a Leonard INT and a penalty. I also don't want to hear Peyton Manning had 20 INTs his rookie season....he had over 20 TDs. INTs aren't an issue when you're throwing TDs. How well would Mark Sanchez be doing if the Jets didn't move up to get him and he actually went to a struggling team without an Offensive Line, good Defense or Rushing Offense?

I meant sanchez's postseason was better. Ben had a much better regular season as a rookie but Mark was much better in postseason as a rookie.

Edwards was brought in to take the eighth and ninth guy out of the box.After his acquisition our running game took off.Rex Ryan said in his first press conference after being hired that we would run the ball and play tough defense and that is exactly what we do.We never planned on being a passing offense.This writer just has sour grapes right now.

Back
Top Bottom