Armando Salguero on Randy Starks & Oline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero on Randy Starks & Oline

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Start with this truth: Randy Starks played very well Monday night. He was undoubtedly the most active defensive lineman of any that played with the first or second team. But I'm not just going to tell you. Let me show you.

On Jacksonville's first possession of the game, the Jaguars are in shotgun on third-and-13. Charging from his defensive end spot, Starks hits quarterback David Garrard just as he throws the ball. It's a bad throw because that's what happens when a 300-pound man hits you in the gut. It's an incompletion, and the Jags have to punt. Thank you, Randy.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Nice Article....

Maybe it's not that Phil Merling has been bad in camp, it's just that Randy Starks has elevated his game to dominant status.

We have a very good DE rotation.

Mcdaniel was also playing well last night and hitting everything in sight.

Thats what I mean by DE rotation.

Starks and Merling on the right.

With Langford and McDaniel on the left.

Nice read. Randy Starks got pretty consistent pressure last year as well. Definitely one of the more underrated players on our team. If McDaniel continues to play like he did last night, I will say that Coach Rodgers deserves major kudos for turning two "underachieving 4-3 DTs" into very productive 3-4 ends.

Hang on... I watched the game and LT Long was not as great as he would lead you to believe. DE/LB Groves beat him soundly a couple of times and both times on run plays that disrupted or stop the play in the backfield. If he gives that up against the run and he is a known step slow on speed pass rushers, maybe they need to rethink that strategy. Cohesion I understand, but talent more than anything is what we need.

Hang on... I watched the game and LT Long was not as great as he would lead you to believe. DE/LB Groves beat him soundly a couple of times and both times on run plays that disrupted or stop the play in the backfield. If he gives that up against the run and he is a known step slow on speed pass rushers, maybe they need to rethink that strategy. Cohesion I understand, but talent more than anything is what we need.

Yeah, we really need to upgrade that LT position :crazy:
I only saw Groves beat him once, and that was when he slipped on the wet clay infield.

future of our d line hopefully will be langford, solai, and starks.

Back
Top Bottom