Armando Salguero: Still on the Carson Palmer bandwagon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Still on the Carson Palmer bandwagon

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Yes, I am still on the Carson Palmer trade bandwagon.

Laugh if you want. I've been there before. Folks mocked when I was all alone on the Ricky Williams trade bandwagon in 2000 -- except for Williams, who called me from New Orleans to express his interest in the idea, and Dave Wannstedt, who pulled me aside and asked what Williams had said before admitting he'd love to make it happen. It happened nine months later.

So, yes, Carson Palmer to the Dolphins? I continue saying it can definitely happen. I said it before. I'm repeating it now. Iit can happen. 'm for it. I will not allow it to die until it is, well, officially dead.

And it is not dead at this point.

The fact is, quite to the contrary. Every shred of evidence (and it is rare evidence, I grant you) coming from the Bengals is they might actually be inching toward the idea of trading Palmer. And every time I ask around with the Dolphins nobody says, "Dude, you're dreaming, move on."

Everybody in the Dolphins organization I've talked to about the idea so far has said things like, "Carson's pretty good," or, "I like Carson," or, "It's one of our what-ifs."
So I'm not abandoning the idea until the idea deserves full abandonment. And that time has not come. Quite the opposite.

Take a deep breath before thinking about this move because Palmer will come at a steep price. After the draft, it might be the best option. But right now, it's too hard to call.

Armando..........get the **** off the bandwagon.

The primary problem to me is that I don't think Carson (or his wife) would stand for being in Miami. I'm pretty sure they're of the mindset that one way or another they'll be in California next year, whether Carson is still playing football or not.

The primary problem to me is that I don't think Carson (or his wife) would stand for being in Miami. I'm pretty sure they're of the mindset that one way or another they'll be in California next year, whether Carson is still playing football or not.
if that's the case then we have no choice but to draft Mallett.

Armando is so goddamn proud of himself for calling the Ricky trade. I'd love to see his articles back then

I wouldn't mind seeing it if they could get him for a good deal but I would not say I'm on the the bandwagon. It could be a good option but maybe not the best. He is already seven years in and he has already had two pretty serious injuries so how long will he hold up?

Carson Palmer is better than anyone on or roster or anyone in this draft IMO.

He put up ~4,000 yards, 26TD, 20INT in the worst season of his career surrounded by garbage. He could take Miami to the Super Bowl.

He's be an upgrade ... but, what's the cost???

:bumpus:

I'd love to see the asking price, but it's probably too steep. Carson does need out of Cinci. He needs a change of scenery, much like Pennington did.

While I am all for getting Palmer at a reasonable price (see the Brett Favre trade), I would love to see Armando just get run over by the band wagon and spare the world his ****y articles.

Maybe Armando will stay on that bandwagon till it hits California and not comeback!

Back
Top Bottom