Armando Salguero: Tannehill has looked better than Moore & could challenge Garrard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Tannehill has looked better than Moore & could challenge Garrard

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Moore's play wasn't as good as Garrard's (and I'd even say as good as rookie Ryan Tannehill). That's right. I think Tannehill has been better than Moore. So wasting that initial advantage has Moore frustrated.

Ryan Tannehill: Did you read what I wrote above? I think he's the second-best quarterback in camp right now and the gap between him and Garrard isn't insurmountable that Tannehill cannot win the starting job this preseason.Now, there are theories out that that state Tannehill is simply being groomed this preseason. That when it is all over, the plan is to have him sit for a while and marinate and get more mature and we'll get back to him later on when he's more ready to play.That a bunch a hooey.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...quarterbacks-have-a-lot-to-prove-tonight.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the feeling that Gerard wil need to start out 3-1 to keep his starting job for any meaningful duration.

I get the feeling that Gerard wil need to start out 3-1 to keep his starting job for any meaningful duration.

I get the feeling Garrard better look like his old pro bowl self or he won't start.

I don't think the record will matter as much as the play of whomever is the veteran starting at QB. The Dolphins were 3-2 when Marino got his first NFL start in 1983 because David Woodley was stinking the joint up.

Tannehill hasn't gotten enough run with the 1's and against the 1's yet to know how well he's doing. I'm glad he's doing really well against the 2's and 3's...or I would be really worried...but I think what they're doing with him is the right approach. It seems like the game is slowing down for him already and that probably has a lot to do with the fact he's so familiar with the offense and I don't doubt that he may be ready mid-season to take over but it seems to me they're being very cautious and methodical with him.

Pre-season should say alot about how he's adjusting to the speed of the game. Even if he's playing mostly against 2nd and 3rd stringers, he'll also be playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm sure there will be a lot of instances where he may need to run for his life or make a quick decision.

I'm hoping more and more that Tannehill gets his shot sooner rather than later. I was a firm believer in making him sit out the entire season, but if he shows up then I'll gladly take it. It's so weird having a serious potential franchise QB on our team that I'm unsure of how to think about the situation haha

just play the guy and lets have a new start, 6 and 10, 7 and 9 would feel better with tanny

Theres such a gulf between our starting and no. 2 o-line that you have to think a good showing by Tannehill will actually be a great performance from him. The gulf between the 1 & 2 receiving corps isn't as big, but the protection for Tannehill will be very scratchy versus that for Moore/Garrard.

IF and when I start believing in Mondo as a talent evaluator for the Miami Dolphins, I will find another team. NEITHER will ever happen.

RT can be a very legit debate but, not yet.

Back
Top Bottom