Armando Salguero writes, Is Ronnie Brown likely to get traded? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero writes, Is Ronnie Brown likely to get traded?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The bottom line is Ronnie Brown is today available to any team willing to part with a high draft pick. The Dolphins would love for someone to offer a first-round pick for him. The fact the Dolphins have not to this moment given Brown a long-term deal should also give you a clue the team is treading very carefully on the Brown matter as a long-term answer.
But what is Brown's worth in trade? He's had a season-ending knee injury and a season-ending foot injury the past three years? What team is going to give up significant assets for a running back with that kind of history?
The Dolphins, meanwhile, aren't simply going to give Ronnie Brown away. Yes, he's probably available but Bill Parcells doesn't run a thrift shop. If someone wants a bargain, Miami isn't the place to get one.
The bottom line is Brown seems more valuable to the Dolphins than he is on the trade market. No one is likely to give up a first or even a second-round pick for Ronnie Brown. The Dolphins are not likely to think a third or fourth-round pick for Brown is good return.
So does he get traded? It's possible. But it's not probable.
Remember, it takes two teams to make a trade.
Oh, by the way, Brown has still not signed his restricted free agent tender. He cannot be traded until he does so.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/04/is-ronnie-brown-likely-to-get-traded.html#ixzz0krYcY9us

Seems like Brown is on the block, but only for the right price. I also have to agree while we all know Brown's negatives he is very valuable to the Fins

I'd jump at the chance to get a second for him but I don't see anyone offering that up. Doesn't look like he'll be getting re-signed after the season.

Back
Top Bottom