Armando talks with florio about ireland, peterson, coaching search | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando talks with florio about ireland, peterson, coaching search

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Just listening to the 2nd segment of florios interview with Armando and there were some interesting things mentioned. First, armando said that he knows for a fact that Ross wants a superstar big name coach and does not want to go the assistant route and he is willing to pay the big $, he also said that he thinks Ross is keeping Ireland around because Ireland has been on the road scouting for the draft and it would not make sense to fire him now, he also says Carl Peterson will indeed become the VP of Football Operations come Jan 1st, then he went on to say that he thinks after the hiring of Peterson, Ross will let Peterson conduct the coaching search and make the final decision on Ireland which could ultimately lead to Ireland being fired or demoted if we can land cowher, fisher, or gruden and one of those guys would want their own GM.

I just wish he wouldn't rule anyone out by only going after a big name

so basically King Carl is in control of the Dolphins, don't know how I feel about that.

Just listening to the 2nd segment of florios interview with Armando and there were some interesting things mentioned. First, armando said that he knows for a fact that Ross wants a superstar big name coach and does not want to go the assistant route and he is willing to pay the big $, he also said that he thinks Ross is keeping Ireland around because Ireland has been on the road scouting for the draft and it would not make sense to fire him now, he also says Carl Peterson will indeed become the VP of Football Operations come Jan 1st, then he went on to say that he thinks after the hiring of Peterson, Ross will let Peterson conduct the coaching search and make the final decision on Ireland which could ultimately lead to Ireland being fired or demoted if we can land cowher, fisher, or gruden and one of those guys would want their own GM.

It makes sense. I like it.

Carl Peterson has more experience and stature to be discussing the coaching vacancy with the likes of Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, and Billick.
Besides, Ross might be concerned about Ireland asking about Cowher's mother and then have to have Ireland jaw surgically reattached.

If it came from Florio and PFT it is 50% or less that it is accurate. Don't put too much stock in it.

I would rather have peterson running the search than Ireland, what the hell does ireland know about interviewing a head coach? and will he ask if their mother was a prostitute? plus, if I were a potential head coach I wouldn't feel comfortable in the same room with that clown knowing that he could fly off and interview another coach while I still have the job!

Ross's jet flew to Dallas this morning.... meeting with Jerry maybe?

keep grapsing at straws. mando is the king if stirring crap up and pft please. when mando says things u dont like hes an "idiot" "dumb" "stirring things up" but when he gives hope to your near-dead dreams he is someone to confide in.

check out Omar. he is usually way more informed and accurate and level headed. he says ireland is here to stay and we are not exclusively after the stars only. take it for what its worth.

That makes sense, and is good news imo. Means Ireland won't get in the way of hiring one of the "star" cadidates.

Exactly.

Thats exactly what I was afraid of from the past history.

But its not just about 'star' coaches, even good coordinators may shy away if Ireland is too involved.

Ross needs to either do this himself or have someone else be in control, anyone but Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom