Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve

I never heard that he was receptive to moving to guard, where did you get that? Seems like it would have been a smart move. Although with his injury history, moving inside could have made things worse.

You'd have to go dig it up, but it was ABSOLUTELY posted around the time B.A. retired and Jacksonville released him. Might have been an article by Armando or Barry Jackson? I remember being surprised as well. I assumed that he simply wanted to remain at left tackle.

he went awol one game. Im not sure how much leadership could help a team lacking in talent and coaching. Tannehill, the savior he is, was still on the team. I never saw him once rally the troops on the sideline He is the biggest waste of time
LOLOL Ironic

Interesting article:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article194358364.html

Basically without Tannehill and Brandon Albert the Dolphins had zero leadership among the players this year. Cutler is.... Cutler, Pouncey didn't seem interested outside the OL and this was what they brought Timmons in for but he went awol.
and if it were Slow Joe's era, had any leaders voluntarily stepped up, he'd have traded their asses out of town!

You'd have to go dig it up, but it was ABSOLUTELY posted around the time B.A. retired and Jacksonville released him. Might have been an article by Armando or Barry Jackson? I remember being surprised as well. I assumed that he simply wanted to remain at left tackle.
Thank you. Always seemed like a no brainer move. Funny how important leadership is, even in a professional setting with $$$ and livelihoods on the line.

One more reason I wanted to keep B.A. on the team.

When I discovered that he had actually been receptive to the idea of moving to Left Guard so that Tunsil could take over the LT spot for the future, and that Miami still didn't want him back, that annoyed me.

Very lousy move in hindsight, IMO.

Very much so. I was keen to move on from Albert at LT (and this year showed why I was disappointed not to bed Tunsil in at that role a year ago) but Albert would have been a huge upgrade over someone like Larsen at LG. Was very disappointed to hear that he was willing to make the switch but the team moved on anyway.

No Offense meant, for repeating the obvious but teams even with losing records don't quit on the coach during the season.

Losing Dansby hurt way more than just tackles, Same with B.A. and I hate to say it Same with Rotten Richie. Each of those guys held themselves and their position groups accountable and bled over onto the entire team.

Hopefully during this offseason the F.O. will look for Vets who can still play and can still lead their position group and the team.

On O with Tannehill out I would guess Landry and Pouncey should be the ones to step up, while on D Suh, Wake, Timmons and Jones would be the names that spring to mind. Not knowing any of them personally I haven't got the impression from any of them that they are real leaders, I guess this is one of the reasons for drafting team captains year in year out if you can.

Very much so. I was keen to move on from Albert at LT (and this year showed why I was disappointed not to bed Tunsil in at that role a year ago) but Albert would have been a huge upgrade over someone like Larsen at LG. Was very disappointed to hear that he was willing to make the switch but the team moved on anyway.

I dunno man. Albert looked super done in Jacksonville. I can argue towards the end of last year he was probably our worst player on the OL.

Not sure how motivated he actually was going into this season. He wasn't going to get 9 million from anybody and that in itself probably means you weren't going to get an improved player this season.

And the idea that he can magically kick inside after not playing guard for 10 years needs to stop.

Cutting Albert from a playing perspective was the right move . . . And this team really has serious issues if one player leaving caused the lockerroom to become cancerous.

I still think it was a combination of losing the QB so late and all of the early displacement with the hurricane . . . This team never got its footing and the offense had such a bad stretch it became "whateverish".

Trying to overthink it and come up with conspiracies is typical Armandoness in the offseason.

No Offense meant, for repeating the obvious but teams even with losing records don't quit on the coach during the season.

Losing Dansby hurt way more than just tackles, Same with B.A. and I hate to say it Same with Rotten Richie. Each of those guys held themselves and their position groups accountable and bled over onto the entire team.

Hopefully during this offseason the F.O. will look for Vets who can still play and can still lead their position group and the team.

Id actually suggest losing Jake Long hurt a lot more than losing Incognito. It was said at the time that bullygate would never have existed if Jake Long had still be on the team

That's why I'm all in on drafting a kid like Baker Maysfield.
What bigger indication of Leadership and Respect than when, being "suspended" for one quarter, and unable to get out there for the coin toss , his co-captains actually carrying out his jersey in tribute?

I don't believe there can be "effective" leaders on a team without true direction....typically employees buy into the ideals and goals of management before they express their leadership...the team is led by the ciaches and the leaders of said team fill in the pieces with examples being set and vocally pushing team mates to achieve the goals of the team...otherwise the coaches would not have control of the team at all....

Yes the locker room and on field leadership is necessary from the players but it doesn't START there...

We need a solid foundation...guiding principles and discipline...then surround yourself with those who will buy into your goals...those with leadership as a personality trait will take over based on your principles...the players don't own the team or coach the team...they need direction first and need to BELIEVE in and TRUST the coaches......then you will see leaders emerge

IMO

Back
Top Bottom