Armando's Latest Soliloquy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando's Latest Soliloquy

I'd hope Penny signs on, even if its as a backup

I wouldn't mind seeing Pennington eventually be our Don Strock/Steve Deberg/Earl Morrall in the future.

Even when he's 35/36/37 years old, You just know he'll be very prepared and very consistent when he comes in for an injured QB. And the team won't miss a beat.

And who better than Pennington for a young starting QB to lean on for any advice and support ? He's like a good coach.

I hope his wife loves living in South Florida. As a wife can be a huge part of the decision process when an athlete signs with a team.. If she can't take the heat any longer and wants out, they're out.. If she loves So Fla, they're in.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pennington eventually be our Don Strock/Steve Deberg/Earl Morrall in the future.

Even when he's 35/36/37 years old, You just know he'll be very prepared and very consistent when he comes in for an injured QB. And the team won't miss a beat.

Jeff Garcia is still in the league and he's 39. being that Garcia has to rely on athleticism much more than Pennington, there's no reason to believe Penny can't play until 37/38.

I just hope we still have this coach and front office when he's that age. I'd like to see Sparano stay here like Jeff Fisher's long tenure in Tennessee. Or Bill Cowher's tenure in Pitt when he was there.

If Sparano wins the big one and stays, and has competitive teams consistently, people will love him like they love Don Shula.

Chad Pennington is only 33 years old. (Birthday June 27th) I really don't understand the whole "too old" argument people are using against him.
Yes, he has a history of injury, but if he is protected, he has a solid 4-5 years left.

I don't care how many 2nd rounds picks we use on QBs. I'll keep the Runner up MVP under center.

But, if the job is handed to Henne in 2010. Pennington will be moving on somewhere to be a starter. As far as loyalty goes, he owes us nothing, and should look to put himself in the best postition he can.

No doubt... Chad pennington was the single greatest reason for our turnaround... But you will never hear him say it.

After all those years where Qb has been our downfall... Watching someone who gave us a chance in every game, on every snap was... Well it was like the old days...

He has been the 'Hard Luck' kid and I am certain if not for some of those injuries might even have a ring by now... I can only hope he is around long enough to do it with us. The fact is I can't imagine anyone who would look past a guy who did all of this for the Miami Dolphins just because they didn't like the way he got the 'W's... No 60 yard bombs... no 20 yard 'outs' on a rope... All he did was win.

Like the man himself says in the video... 'ANY WAY YOU CAN.'

Back
Top Bottom