Armon binns | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armon binns

One interesting point with Binns that I made in some other thread but thought I'd put out there again. The guy is smart.

- Week 17 - v's Patriots. 2nd offensive play of the game.
- Twins left with Binns playing the No2 receiver and Matthews on the outside.
- Matthews lines up incorrectly
- Binns corrects Matthews and puts him in the right position

- Matthews had all OTA's/Mini Camps/Training Camp and 16 weeks of the season [yes he didn't play in some/most but was on the team learning and practicing]
- Binns was signed Dec 11/12 - can't recall exactly which, and he's the one telling Matthews where to line up.

Yes he had some drops, but considering he'd just arrived on the team, I'm very excited to see what a full off season will do for this kid.

I'm also excited to see what Matthews does as there's clearly some talent there - but just wanted to share that tidbit on Binns.

Great post. I think everyone recognizes only one of Matthews and Binns will likely stick. The intelligence factor is going to be very important. I know so far most fans tend to favor Matthews because he has shown a little better in games (no major drops, a few decent plays, TD in preseason where he bulled his way in), but both have been pretty limited in terms of real game snaps. We'll see where they end up after another full offseason - Matthews needs to pick up his game mentally and Binns needs JUGS time.

I'm not sure of their PS eligibility...but that might be important.

Back
Top Bottom