Around the NFL News from Texas (Holcomb etc) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the NFL News from Texas (Holcomb etc)

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Buyer beware: Henson looks the part, but ...

By Charean Williams
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Drew Henson looks like a franchise quarterback. But so did Heath Shuler. And Ryan Leaf. We know how they turned out.

What about Holcomb?

Browns quarterback Kelly Holcomb is under contract for $975,000 in 2004. But if Tim Couch accepts a pay cut and retains his starting job, the Browns likely will grant Holcomb his wish and trade or release him.

Seeing red.

The Falcons are switching back to red home jerseys for the first time since 1989. The team wore black from 1990 through last season.

Read the rest at: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/7960270.htm

Edited by Staff

I am still hoping we make a yankee like moev on Henson, Brunell too. However I would take Holcomb over Jay any day.

here is holcomb stats. anybody watch the browns play?

Kelly Holcomb

att comp yd comp % yd/att td td% int int% long sack/lost rating
302 193 1797 63.9 6.0 10 3.3 12 4.0 68 21/166 74.6

looking at stats he kinda throws too many pcks. i cant comment on his comp % since i never watched any of their games n dont know the situation. if holcomb really an upgrade compared to JF? u think he can learn our system fast enough for us to be competive?

I dont want Holcomb, I would rather have rivers brees or ramsey and I think we have a realistic chance at getting one of those guys, so anyone else I dont want

Originally posted by t2thejz
I dont want Holcomb, I would rather have rivers brees or ramsey and I think we have a realistic chance at getting one of those guys, so anyone else I dont want

I also like all three!!!

Hey guys. I live about 10 miles south of Cleveland and believe me nobody who is a Dolphins fan wants Holcomb to be in a Phins uniform next year. Prior to last season we had the "Holcomb Expirement" forced upon us and it failed horribly. Couch ultimatley won the job back and now the talk around town is that Couch will restructure and nobody really cares what happens with Holcomb. However as cheap as Holcombs contract is and the fact that he's a decent backup makes it sound like he won't be going anywhere.

I've watched him a few times. He tends to stare down his wrs, probably accounts for the high number of picks. Miami would win more games with JF than they would with Holcomb.

I watched almost all thier games and Holcomb and Couch both seem to play the same. One game they will be on fire and look like a top notch qb and the next week they will look like they should be cut or benched. I think that is why both of them get so much Playing time and cause a controvesy but i think the fact that they both play like this maybe a sign that it is the teams fault and not thier own. THis makes it kind of hard to judge what kind of players these two could be

Back
Top Bottom