Art Shell maybe fired at season's end! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Art Shell maybe fired at season's end!

According to ESPN radio, the Raiders have flat out denied that Shell will be fired.
They Raiders have never denied the report all they did was say take a bunch of cheap shots at Adam Schefter fopr reporting it so I think he will be gone, but the Raiders never wanted him they wanted Ken Wisenhunt and when he declined they just signed Art Shell because they needed a coach.

Can't be surprised, if they were to fire a coach with a roster that's complete garbage after one season, no wonder the team never goes anywhere...

while i dont know how good of a overall coach is, but i hear that there isnt 1 guy on that team that likes shell. he treats the guys like a bunch of kids. and like my source said "we've been through high school and college, no need for that ****"

while people can say their roster sucks, and their bad, etc. Their defense is very good. Art Shell is suppose to be a offensive coach, and on top of that, a offensive line coach. now while the defense continues to play great, and has progressed, the offense has not improved 1 single bit. not 1. so what does that tell you?

like i said, i dont personally know how good of a coach he is. but there isnt one player that likes you, your an offensive minded coach, you have a top 5 defense, and your 2-13? i definitely dont think hes getting the short end of the stick by ANY means.

The raiders offense is just flat out bad. Jordan, while healthy, was ineffective at RB, the 2 star WRs (Porter and Moss) want out and have not tried at all this season, their offensiv line is abysmal, and their QB situation is worst than ours.

When they drafted Huff last year, I thought it was a mistake on their part, 1)SS was not a huge need for them, and 2)I thought they should've taken Leinart (who has made a difference for Arizona, even if the record doesn't show).

Another thing that doesn't help is the lack of production from their draft picks. Asomuga and Fargas are in their 4th year in the league, and this is the first year they've been productive. Same with Tyler Brayton.

The raiders offense is just flat out bad. Jordan, while healthy, was ineffective at RB, the 2 star WRs (Porter and Moss) want out and have not tried at all this season, their offensiv line is abysmal, and their QB situation is worst than ours.

When they drafted Huff last year, I thought it was a mistake on their part, 1)SS was not a huge need for them, and 2)I thought they should've taken Leinart (who has made a difference for Arizona, even if the record doesn't show).

Another thing that doesn't help is the lack of production from their draft picks. Asomuga and Fargas are in their 4th year in the league, and this is the first year they've been productive. Same with Tyler Brayton.

while Huff might not have been the perfect pick overall, their secondary is easily the best young secondary in the league. and is currently #1 in pass defense with two 23 year olds and two 25 year olds.

I don't see one good reason why they shouldn't fire him.

I guess you subscribe to the school of thought that a coach should be fired after one season if he's not in the playoffs.
Actually the one who should be fired is the fossil (Al Davis).
Mike Ditka feels he should sell the team. I agree.
Tim for weird Al to watch the sunset.

didnt they fire norv after one year ? sounds like need to hire dave wannstedt and rick speilman. our former tight ends coach pat jones said when he was with norv it was a political nightmare out there and thats why pat jones who i really like by the way, said he wantd to get out of there after one year .

Shell should be fired. From the beginning he never had the respect of the team. The mess with Porter, Moss taking the year off, the team quit on him. Whether this is deserved or not I don't know, but that team flatout quit. They have been on national TV a few times and everytime Ive watched them they look dejected, lost and like a team down by 40pts, and the game just started. They play with no heart, they dont even try. I wouldnt bring back shell, and I would get rid of Moss and the other guys that played with no heart. This team was a disgrace to watch, and its not untalented, it was heart and desire that this team lacked.

Back
Top Bottom