Artest: Brawl penalty 'a bit harsh' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Artest: Brawl penalty 'a bit harsh'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest told ESPN that he thought his season-long suspension for the Nov. 19 brawl in Detroit was "a bit harsh."

Artest discussed his suspension in an interview broadcast Wednesday.

The NBA suspended Artest for the rest of the season for his part in the melee, which started on the court, spilled into the stands and went back onto the court.

"It was a bit harsh," Artest said during the interview, but added that he respected NBA commissioner David Stern's decision. "I'm a team player. I understand the decision he made."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/05/11/bc.bkn.pacers.artest.ap/index.html

Just A bit HARSH Ben Wallace started the Whole darn thing and he barely got a slap on the wrist.

hahahhaha ben wallace started it? to my knowledge wallace didnt throw a cup at artest and didnt throw any punches at artest...artest shouldve been gone from the NBA

gonick1 said:
Just A bit HARSH Ben Wallace started the Whole darn thing and he barely got a slap on the wrist.

Artest shoved someone, I guess if that was so bad, half the league shouldve been suspended this year :shakeno:

Well I guess it's good for the Heat that Artest isn't there, just in case we face Indiana (doubtful though) :D

Back
Top Bottom