Article about our CBs / Ramsey interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article about our CBs / Ramsey interview

I'm not really sure I even view Ramsey as a pure CB in this defense, and he said it himself too. Hes a DB and Fangs will move him all over the place. Ramsey is going to shine in this defense and it will likely extend his career ala Charles Woodson.

After I read this line I immediately thought "This guy is going to be getting a phone call from E30M3 any minute now." :chuckle:
IDK about a phone call. I expect torch and pitchfork, or at the very least a flaming bag of dog poo ring and run......

Last edited:
Yup, I think we will move Ramsey all around. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing a lot of snaps at nickel and safety.
IMO that's what makes him so valuable. CBs are too easy to avoid if you just play them on the boundary. Too often teams are able to negate their impact when they know where they're going to be. But you move Ramsey around, and you can make him unavoidable.

Well between Ramsey, X, KK, Holland, Elliott, Jones gives VF a lot of flexibility.
Be fun to watch.
Jones isnt actually that versatile though. He's more of the pushed up strong safety type, not great in coverage and very likely to be worse at it following his injury.

Jones isnt actually that versatile though. He's more of the pushed up strong safety type, not great in coverage and very likely to be worse at it following his injury.
Then it’s a good thing he’s like the 6th most flexible and not the most flexible in the group , right? :)

I think the narrative of him being a liability in coverage is being exaggerated to an extent. It was a bit of an issue as a rookie, but he made pretty big strides in technique after his initial campaign. Many talking heads were remarking on his improvement in that area early on last season.

I would also add that we will likely be playing a higher percentage of cover 2 or 3, rather than man cover, so I'm not sure he will even be asked to do the same things is VF's scheme.

The kid is a good football player. He will be fine.

Last edited:
I think the narrative of him being a liability in coverage is being exaggerated to an extent. It was a bit of an issue as a rookie, but he made pretty big strides in technique after his initial campaign. Many talking heads were remarking on his improvement in that area early on last season.

I would also add that we will likely be playing a higher percentage of cover 2 or 3, rather than man cover, so I'm not sure he will even be asked to do the same things is VF's scheme.

The kid is a good football player. He will be fine.
I meant to add this link to the post.

Back
Top Bottom