Article absolutely KILLING Chambers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article absolutely KILLING Chambers

FanMarino said:
Errrr.... worst WR in the League? The writer of that article is obviously a Chambers hater no matter what the guy does. IMO Chambers has disappointed me and alot of fans. He hasnt gone on from last season and he has dropped some catches and not put up the numbers expected of a No1 WR. In defence of the guy he has been overthrown numerous times as well so its not all one sided.
To come out and write that Chambers is the worst WR in the League is laughable. The writer has made that article a comic book read to any knowing NFL fan with that one dumb, second rate, biased, unprofessional lame comment. Ask NFL defensive backs, Coaches and commentators if Chambers is the worst?!?. errrrr....:confused: :shakeno:

Exactly...while he hasn't exploded as we all would've hoped, he's darn good, and the best we have. Do you think Wes, Marty, and Hagan worry teams as much as Chambers does? please people...

I think the premise of the article, that Chambers is not among the elite wrs in the league is valid, but I also think the tone of the article is a bit harsh.

I think the article has a point. He may not be the worst WR in the league. But given the perceived amount of talent he has, he may be the worst of those with similar talent. Until this last week, he wasn't even the leading receiver on our team. Right now, he is barely in front of Welker (a freaking number 3) and Booker who seems to get hurt every other game. He is also behind Booker in TDs. The fact that Chambers disappears for games at a time and when balls are thrown his way he only catches half of them makes him disappointing. I like the guy and he seems to have the talent, but something is missing.

Get ready for an onslaught of pro-Chambers replies. I posted similar points in VIP forum and got hammered.

I don't think Chambers scares any defensive coordinators, which doesn't put him in the elite category in my book.

And outside of those stats, it just doesn't seem to me that Chambers gets separation as frequently as a top notch WR should. One of the raps on him was that he ran poor routes, and I don't think he's ever overcome that on a consistent basis.

FanMarino said:
Errrr.... worst WR in the League? The writer of that article is obviously a Chambers hater no matter what the guy does. IMO Chambers has disappointed me and alot of fans. He hasnt gone on from last season and he has dropped some catches and not put up the numbers expected of a No1 WR. In defence of the guy he has been overthrown numerous times as well so its not all one sided.
To come out and write that Chambers is the worst WR in the League is laughable. The writer has made that article a comic book read to any knowing NFL fan with that one dumb, second rate, biased, unprofessional lame comment. Ask NFL defensive backs, Coaches and commentators if Chambers is the worst?!?. errrrr....:confused: :shakeno:

The writer is not biased at all. By statistical formula devised by footballoutsiders.com, Chambers IS the worst:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

You might not agree with the formula, just like some don't like the QB rating system, but they've been using this formula for years, and after 13 weeks of football, Chambers is the WORST IN THE LEAGUE with a minimum of 39 passes.

dplunk said:
I think the article has a point. He may not be the worst WR in the league. But given the perceived amount of talent he has, he may be the worst of those with similar talent. Until this last week, he wasn't even the leading receiver on our team. Right now, he is barely in front of Welker (a freaking number 3) and Booker who seems to get hurt every other game. He is also behind Booker in TDs. The fact that Chambers disappears for games at a time and when balls are thrown his way he only catches half of them makes him disappointing. I like the guy and he seems to have the talent, but something is missing.

The article is harsh on Chambers. The writer can make a point without saying Chambers is the worst WR in the League. Your points are valid but Welker is the 3rd WR and a slot WR who suits Harrington more as does McMichael and running backs with the short passing game. Im not screaming in defence of Chambers because he has dissappointed me as much as alot of you guys but Linehans Offense wasnt afraid to stretch the field with the passing game. The start of the season we were still using alot of the Linehan Offense game planning but Malarkey has injected more of his game into the Offense as the season has progressed.Harrington has shown he isnt consistent at hitting on the long passes and that is to the detriment of Chambers and his vertical game.

Hard truth for some people. But folks have waited and waited for him to bust out. Last year he had a very mediocre (at best) season, as far as pro bowl seasons are concerned. It's been more than long enough for him to shine consistently, even with only average QBs. We need a real #1, or we're going to find ourselves waiting for Chambers to be the guy all the way up to his retirement.

dolpns13 said:
I sure hope Chris reads this article and it sets a fire under his A**...That would be funny if all the sudden he has 150 yard games forthe rest of the season because he read that article

Actually, that would p!@@ me off. If that's the case, why isn't he bringing every week?

Chris Chambers has to constantly be defended, that tells you theres a problem right there........

VManis said:
I think the premise of the article, that Chambers is not among the elite wrs in the league is valid, but I also think the tone of the article is a bit harsh.
The tone of this article is one of a Boston Sports Media homer appealing to his New England Patriot fanbase. But I will say also that Chris Chambers is up and down and his dropped passes this season can only be blamed on Chris Chambers. I don't think he is elite and I think we could find a receiver who is more focused and more reliable in making the big plays down field. But he is at least good which the article refuses to indicate and he has gone to the Pro Bowl before. If you want a good laugh ask yourself this: When New England was struggling to fill the holes left by WR's leaving for other teams via FA, would they have considered Chris Chambers if he were available? Of course the answer is yes.

:dolphins:

FanMarino said:
The article is harsh on Chambers. The writer can make a point without saying Chambers is the worst WR in the League. Your points are valid but Welker is the 3rd WR and a slot WR who suits Harrington more as does McMichael and running backs with the short passing game. Im not screaming in defence of Chambers because he has dissappointed me as much as alot of you guys but Linehans Offense wasnt afraid to stretch the field with the passing game. The start of the season we were still using alot of the Linehan Offense game planning but Malarkey has injected more of his game into the Offense as the season has progressed.Harrington has shown he isnt consistent at hitting on the long passes and that is to the detriment of Chambers and his vertical game.

I agree that it isn't a big deal or a bad thing that Welker is getting a lot of looks. But in other similar offenses like the Bengals or Colts, their number one gets his looks and he puts up the numbers. I'll conceed that he hasn't played with a good QB yet and that may be affecting him. But it isn't taking away his looks. He is having the ball thrown to him. If the throws were really that bad all the time, wouldn't Welker and Booker have a similar drop %? Booker's is 61% and Welker's is 70%. I do like Chambers. But something is definitely missing.

Gardenhead said:
The writer is not biased at all. By statistical formula devised by footballoutsiders.com, Chambers IS the worst:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

You might not agree with the formula, just like some don't like the QB rating system, but they've been using this formula for years, and after 13 weeks of football, Chambers is the WORST IN THE LEAGUE with a minimum of 39 passes.

IMO calling Chambers the worst WR in the league has shown all his stats and arguements to be not worth a damn because the guy has made an unprofessional comment about a WR that is a No1 WR (questionable i know!) who went to the Pro Bowl last season for flips sake!!!! If you want stats then follow stats but i'd rather watch the games and judge for myself. The guy drops passes, gives up sometimes on fighting for balls but he also catches one handers that 90% of WR's couldnt catch if they had snow ploughs for hands. Sometimes stats dont give the full picture, i know that and im sure im not alone with that thought.
Chambers to me has been given the mantle of No1 Wr for the Dolphins for a few yrs now and maybe its time we got another WR who can take some slack off Chambers and bring the expectation level down with another player who hopefully can put up better stats.

VManis said:

Have you heard some of the tones on this board defending him?

Sometimes, people need to be addressed harshly to wake them up to the fact of their own behavior.

I HOPE some fans suddenly start realizing all of those "pieces we had in place" are part of the reason we are in the shape we are in.

If you're the only person you've found that believes your great.... after many failures, maybe you need to re-adjust your thinking.

I heard this point coming from Nick in his first year. When he would emphatically and continually make it a point to state how the process of winning is more important than winning.

His point carries so much validity in regards to this franchise. The team, fans and ownership have felt for the past 3 decades that we are owed greatness. That simply because we step on the field, we are the best team on the field without having to prove it.

Nick's point.... stop making it a point to talk about having the best team, best players, best this and best that. Focus on practicing at a higher level, demanding more of yourself and demanding more of those around you. Forget about who's the best. Worry about giving your best.

Don't worry about the arguments, silence them with your play.

Everyone has to buy into this for this to work; not just the players. The fans, ownership and players. Until we do, Nick's work is unappreciated and useless.

I truly believe this man can guide this franchise to greatness. He's on the cusp of a complete greatness. But, he's also smart enough to know he can't do it by himself. It takes everyone.

So, Chambers isn't a #1. Is everyone good with this now? Can we leave this discussion and worry about more important things? Such as:

Does Chambers want to play for the Miami Dolphins?

Does Chambers want to give 115% every day?

Does Chambers want to be a great player or a player on a great team?

Can Chambers overcome the lack of concentration?

Can Chambers show up every game?

Can Chambers ....

Now, there's 52 other players on this team. We've got a lot of work to do. Understand the magnitude of the problem?

(not directed at VManis)

Anyone think that Chambers may just be better suited to a No2 Wr role if a Rookie Wr or Free Agency Elite WR became available? If Booker moves on i'm interested to see if Hagan will get more playing time. My hunch is yes. I know Saban has said he will play best team to win which automatically suggests he will stick with Chambers, Booker and Welker but i think Hagan, given more playing time will become part of Sabans thought process regarding "best team to win"

Back
Top Bottom